|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to empower customer creativity and productivity in the modern, highly collaborative workplace? Do you have experience with modern web technologies including React? If yes, come talk to us on the Whiteboard team. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help develop the React-based web release of Microsoft Whiteboard to integrate with Teams and extend the ability to collaborate across all devices.
Microsoft Whiteboard is an intelligent canvas for creative teamwork. It has been in market for over two years and provides a highly collaborative experience that enables teams to work together on a digital canvas. Whiteboard runs on any Win10 or iOS device and on the web. It is deeply integrated with Surface Hub and with Teams. Usage has dramatically increased in the last quarter due to the worldwide transition to remote work.
Our team is currently focused on expanding the capabilities of our web offering to enable more collaboration scenarios via Teams. We are also starting to integrate with the Fluid Framework and to move our board storage from Azure to OneDrive for Business. We are looking for engineers experienced with React and web app development to help accelerate the depth of features of our web offering as it becomes the primary experience for the digital Whiteboard.
- Design, build, test, ship, and maintain Microsoft Whiteboard features using a modern web stack, with a focus on front-end web development with React
- Full engagement in agile-based software development
- Work in a culture of continuous improvement, adaptation, reflection and growth with respect, integrity and accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, IT or related fields or 7+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of Software Development experience
- Engineering experience with modern Web development stacks like React and Typescript
- Professional experience programming in a C# or an equivalent object-oriented language
- Professional experience writing visually appealing, customer facing features
- Passionate about shipping secure, accessible, and world-ready applications that allow customers to be more inclusive and productive
- Professional experience with modern cloud infrastructure and networking solutions
- Experience with live customer facing services
- Experience with DevOps toolchain including build and release pipelines and infrastructure as code
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.