|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Core Services Engineering and organization takes this mission further and creates that empowers and enlightens Microsoft’s core functions like legal, finance, enterprise services, HR, procurement, and payments. An example of such system is the system that processes all of Microsoft transactions and determines revenue of Microsoft per day. You can help build the next generation of these products.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire!! Join us! This position is full-time and based in our Redmond, WA office.
- Design and develop distributed software services and solutions that are engineered for scale, high performance, availability and are highly reliable.
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging and shipping.
- Build responsive web experiences across multiple devices and browsers.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with business and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking with good problem-solving skills, out of box thinking and drive for results.
- Contribute to our new cloud-based architecture leveraging technologies such as Apache Spark with Scala, Azure Event Hubs, SQL Azure, HD Insight and Hadoop.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
Drive a LiveSite culture within the organization to ensure services are functional and provide a positive user experience.
- 7+ years development and design working on high availability systems
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide spectrum of people in business and technical domains
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering, a related field or practical experience is required.
Preferred, not required:
- Experience in supportability “DevOps” environment
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.