|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Teams, we are reinventing the way people communicate and work together across the globe. We are seeking a strong Principal Program Manager with deep knowledge and experience with security, encryption, and DRM to help us deliver real-time communication and collaboration experiences securely.
You must be experienced and skilled in fast paced execution to deliver our vision for reinventing meetings and meeting culture to be more secure, effective, inclusive, and fun, through new experiences, technologies, and intelligence. You are someone who
- Has strong conviction and focus on customer needs
- Creatively applies technology to solve complex problems
- Thrives in a bit of chaos then creates the process needed to execute smoothly at scale
- Drives impactful change through metrics and data
- Can inspire teams across the company to work together towards common goals
- You will be responsible to create a roadmap of real-time secure communication experiences via Teams and work with multiple design and engineering teams to implement the roadmap and deliver functionality iteratively.
Our culture is inclusive, customer-driven, and high energy; our engineers come from diverse backgrounds, are passionate and loyal to coworkers and our products, and grounded in our customer and business needs. Our team has a strong sense of artisanship and accountability and provides its members many opportunities for learning and career growth.
Define and prioritize the investments we should make in Teams Meetings around secure real-time communication.
Develop product roadmap balancing business, technical, and experience considerations
Manage the many contributing engineering, research, and design teams to ensure successful execution of scope, schedule, and cost.
Ability to travel to Prague, Czech Republic or Bangalore, India periodically. (where permitted
Successful candidates need to exhibit these attributes that will enhance their ability to succeed in this role:
- Strong background and expertise in Security, Encryption, DRM technologies, Identity and Auth
- Desire to succeed and motivate engineers and designers through inspirational leadership
- Demonstrates both strong vision, strategy, and big picture capabilities in problem solving approaches
- Ability to consider upstream and downstream process impacts and implications
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a high pace environment
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising experience
- Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work with executives internally and from some of the largest companies in the world
- Ensure appropriate and effective communication flow among internal and external stakeholders
Experience and education required:
- Bachelor's Degree along with degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- 5+ years of relevant experience shipping enterprise grade solutions for security, encryption or DRM.
- Ability to work with marketing and PR to guide product messaging and positioning in the marketplace
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.