|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Our team generates analytics for Mixed Reality Commercial and Customer organization. We use data to understand and improve our Mixed Reality business and our customer experience, both for our Mixed Reality devices (HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality) and services (Azure Spatial Anchors, Azure Remote Rendering, Azure Object Anchors).
You will partner with Program Managers to build data-driven hypotheses that will help us generate insights to influence the Mixed Reality business. You will collaborate with data engineers and data scientists to develop statistical/machine learning models for customer segmentation, retention analysis, usage trends, drivers of satisfaction and engagement. You will influence and educate the organization to put your insights in practice, by documenting your findings, telling compelling stories and helping the team transform the learning into action.
You will help us build a flexible data platform with data science in mind, while mentoring peers on how to frame hypotheses to generate the best insights, grow our statistical expertise and advance analytic capabilities.
- Partner with PM, engineering, research and other data scientists to formulate data-driven answers to business and decision-making problems, applying a wide variety of analytical and modeling techniques
- Applies (or develops if necessary) tools and pipelines to efficiently collect, clean, and prepare massive volumes of data for analysis.
- Applying appropriate statistical and machine learning techniques to generate insights
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels
- Validates, monitors, and drives continuous improvement to methods, and proposes enhancements to data sources that improve usability and results.
- Able to coach and mentor other data scientists for technical and product skills. Enables others to deliver high quality deliverables with increased throughput.
- Bachelors, M.S or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, or a similar quantitative field
- Solid foundation understanding of core data science concepts, statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms and experimental design
- 5+ years’ experience with statistical, ML or data mining algorithms for real world problems.
- 5+ years’ hands on experience with advanced ML techniques for classification, regression, recommendations, or pattern recognition.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with one or more statistical software like R, Python, SAS, etc.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with one or more query languages like SQL
- 3+ years’ experience with developing and operationalizing product metrics
- Software development in one or more language like C#
- Experience working on devices or subscription business
- Advanced data visualization experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.