|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As part of the TE's Medical Device Manufacturing Engineering team at our Laser Technology site, you'll be responsible for problem solving, providing tools and engineering support to implement new products into production, and leading process design functions to determine product flow through the manufacturing operation by use of current engineering and continuous improvement techniques.
A typical day may include:
- Transfering R&D jobs to production and completing drawings/designs for manufacturing by:
- Completing risk assessment/FMEA
- Completing DOE, range finding tasks
- Developing processes/process maps
- Developing tooling
- Developing Vision Models and NC Programs
- Generating work instructions/SOPs
- Validating processes
- Determining time standards
- Supporting production product/process improvements through LEAN, 6s 5s etc.
- Developing, approving, procuring, maintaining and repairing production hardware
- Reviewing/approving DCO’s
- Reviewing process changes for validation requirements
- Maintaining records and records databases
- Resolving job related issues promptly in a manner that promotes harmony and aligns with the company’s objectives and goals
- Working with cross-functional teams to improve the business and perform other duties as needed
- Observe safety and security procedures; Reporting potentially unsafe conditions; Using equipment and materials properly
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical/process engineering
- 5-7 years of working experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineering position
- Laser technology experience or other forms of metal joining
- CAD proficiency - SolidWorks and Mastercam
- MS Office Proficiency
- Problem solving skills to identify, gather and analyze information, develop solutions and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to lead teams to achieve goals
- Effective planning and prioritization skills to meet immediate and long range needs
- Analysis skills using engineering theories to make process improvements
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience using measurement tools, such as calipers, micrometers, microscope/reticle and rules
- Experience with Vision Programming (ie. Cognex)
Nice to have...
- Medical device industry experience
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.