|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Microsoft U.S. Federal Services is searching for a Contracts Manager who has demonstrated experience managing Federal Government IT Services contract matters in a highly transactional sales environment. Candidate will have experience independently negotiating Federal Government IT Service terms and conditions. Candidate will have a solid understanding and proven track record of researching, reviewing, interpreting, and applying federal FAR/DFAR acquisition and procurement regulations, specifically FAR Part 12 Acquisition of Commercial Items.
In this role, Candidate will be responsible for providing end-to-end contact management functions to support the sale and delivery of Microsoft’s product support (“Premier Support”) and services business. Primary responsibilities will include assisting the business to develop, negotiate and execute Microsoft Premier support services proposals and contracts with the Federal Government and strategic partners. This will include the direct negotiation with the Federal Government and prime contractors regarding appropriate and acceptable (to Microsoft) IT Services terms and conditions in accordance with Government regulations and statutes. Prompt and regular collaboration and communication with Microsoft’s internal business stakeholders is also a critical part of this role.
- Provide contracts support to drive IT Services revenue for Microsoft Premier Support services.
- Independently negotiate IT Services terms and conditions directly with Federal government customers and prime contractors.
- Support RFP bid responses, including participating on Bid/No Bid teams, perform legal/contractual risk compliance reviews, draft alternative contract language and participate on proposal color review teams to ensure compliance and successful contract wins with Federal government customers.
- Draft exceptions and responses with alternative language to solicitation terms and conditions, compliance requirements and representations and certifications.
- Identify and resolve contract issues in a manner that meets customer/ partner and Microsoft needs, and ensure contractual compliance with Government contract regulations and policies.
- Communicate with internal customers, Federal Government customers and Microsoft partners to ensure proper execution of contract negotiation and administration.
- Attend daily/weekly pipeline calls and status pending deals, attend proposal strategy calls and meetings with internal employees regarding sales strategies.
- Assist the business with tracking and monitoring contract pipeline revenue to enhance forecast accuracy.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated direct Contracts Management experience supporting the sales of IT Product Support and Services contracts and subcontracts to the Federal government.
- Experience independently negotiating Federal Government IT Service terms and conditions.
- Excellent working knowledge and practical experience with researching, interpreting and applying federal agency procurement rules and regulations (FAR/DFAR), specifically FAR Part 12 Acquisition of Commercial Items.
- Demonstrated direct experience and willingness to develop external customer relationships as well as internal team relationships through interactions over the phone, email and in person to drive Services growth in the Federal Government space.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
- Legal/paralegal training, education, and/or work experience is a huge advantage
- Intellectual Property/Data Rights
- Non-Disclosure Agreements/Confidentiality
- Partnership/Teaming Arrangements
- Risk Management
- Sole Source Procurement
- SOW/Statement of Services/Specification review
Location/Travel – You will be based in Reston, VA. You can expect limited travel, less than 20%, for internal meetings, as well as customer/partner meetings.
Microsoft Services consists of 16,000 professionals worldwide, dedicated to empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We help companies realize the possibilities in a world where cloud and artificial intelligence can transform businesses and industries.
For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.