Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Strategic Partnerships team at Discover Card manages high-value programs with top merchant partners such as Amazon, PayPal and Walmart to deliver increased sales and customer engagement. This role is to drive operational excellence and simplify campaign operations across merchant partners to increase speed to market, execute high-return marketing programs and eliminate CIEs. This role will be responsible for developing enhanced 1-click enrollment campaign functionality, developing standard work and processes for campaigns across partners, executing campaigns with merchants, and sharing subject matter expertise with dedicated partner leads. Additionally, this role will work closely with a cross-functional team with analytics, finance and technology to implement new strategy tests, consolidate team budgets, develop cross-channel efficiencies, and resolve technical campaign blockers.
Responsible for driving customer engagement and a best-in-class customer experience by optimizing marketing opportunities for all products and features across the organization. Responsible for creating a success framework to align targeting, offer, experience, and performance expectations, as well as identifying high-value use cases to drive development of the engine.
- Oversees and executes partnership campaigns across multiple channels including paid media, email, site marketing and mobile app.
- Works with the analytics, risk and finance teams for pricing, creative and testing strategies.
- Develops standard work and documentation for strategic partner campaign management to maintain operational excellence.
- Works with partner leads, cross-functional business and technology teams for identification and implementation of process improvements such as offer enrollment and audience selection.
- Identifies, develops, or evaluates marketing strategies, based on knowledge of objectives, market characteristics, customer needs, historical results, and channel-specific expertise.
- Formulates, directs, or coordinates marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with agencies (internal and external) and cross-functional partners.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to junior team members and business partners, helping to develop new talent and share subject matter expertise.
- Manages campaign budgets across numerous simultaneous efforts, most measured in multiple millions of dollars.
- Timely and accurate completion, maintenance, and communication of assigned Business Risk review (including monitors and audits). Establishes, and adheres to, strong controls to ensure accuracy and strategy deployment.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing, Business, Partnership Management, Brand Management, consumer packaged goods, creative agency, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Campaign Management, strategy development, digital marketing, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Marketing, Business, Partnership Management, Brand Management, consumer packaged goods, creative agency, or related field
- 4+ years of experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- 4+ years of experience for cross-channel campaign management
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.