|Job Type:||Full Time|
Digital transformation is fundamentally changing the way our customers do business as they embrace cloud capabilities, and the workforce becomes increasingly mobile. In Modern Work, understanding how our customers use our products is a key need across many facets of the business. If you are looking for exciting business and finance challenges, and an opportunity to impact the modernization of our commercial customers, and a place to grow your career along with the business, this role in driving our usage agenda as part of the Modern Workplace finance team is for you.
The Modern Work Usage Sr. Finance Manager will work in close partnership with stakeholders across finance, engineering, and marketing. This position will be instrumental in deeply understanding product and customer level usage, leading the thinking on identifying and reporting of key performance indicators, own the monthly/quarterly business rhythm, and inform on investment priorities, to manage topline revenue, gross margin, and product roadmap decisions. This necessitates the ability to think outside of the box, problem solve, and be a thought leader for our business partners. Preferred experience in strategy and analytics, and the ability to assess a long-range view of key business drivers.
This is a high impact position with the potential to deliver direct and significant impact to Office, Windows, and the Microsoft P&L. The position has a high level of exposure to Finance and business leadership. It requires strong financial and business acumen as well as excellent analytical and communication skills
- Lead core rhythm of business (KPI reporting, forecast, long range plans, budget) with finance and business leadership for our M365
- Partner effectively to drive alignment and business insight across commercial product finance teams, field finance, Marketing, and central controllership groups.
- Partner with business planning on the strategic LRP process, developing top level driver frameworks and modelling strategic business scenarios and opportunities.
- Develop deep analytics on the competitive landscape.
- Influence senior leaders on the key issues facing the business and communicate thorough analysis of recommended proposals to drive long-term growth.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing business drivers and influencing key business decisions.
- Great communication & cross group collaboration skills and strong executive presence, while also paying strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on and manage multiple ad-hoc projects within tight timelines.
- Show propensity for learning, and demonstrate the ability to identify, analyze, interpret, and deliver sound solutions.
- High proficiency in MS Office and BI tools, andability to synthesize insights from large data
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related; MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant finance experience with progressive advancement within your discipline.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.