|Location:||Dallas, Texas, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) Customer Success team is looking for a Senior Business Manager to support the Apps and Infrastructure, Downstream and Partner Success Leader in a Chief of Staff role. Customer Success is a dynamic and globally diverse organization. In Customer Success we listen to our customers and partners, learn from their experiences, and champion their feedback to engineering teams to deliver world-class cloud services that help customers achieve their business outcomes and maximize their potential.
The role will directly report to the Customer Success (CS) Leader and will work alongside senior leaders and key stakeholders in the organization to drive strategy and execution. As Chief of Staff, you will help drive the rhythm of the business, manage internal and external communications, optimize operational processes, and facilitate improvements in team productivity and capability to drive impact growth, revenue and share.
Business Management and Rhythm of the Business (RoB): Drive cross-org business management (e.g., RoB/planning) and support leadership team with strategic execution of Azure Data charters, which include:
- Operating Rhythm: Responsible for driving all the business management functions that will ensure the effectiveness of the team’s operating rhythm, including developing and implementing key business reviews and setting up processes to efficiently get work done.
- Operational Excellence: Provide consultation and advice to the team on headcount, resource and fiscal planning; participate in overall group strategy decisions and assist in implementing policies and procedures while focusing on maximizing the success of the team.
- Fiscal Operations: responsible for managing the overall budget, including POs, Vendor strategy, and Internal Azure spend
Culture: Partner closely with HR and leadership team to identify priorities and drive strategies to meet goals, which include
- Operational Support: Work with Culture Champions and council to develop and support frameworks, tools, and constructs to drive cultural initiatives and programs across Azure Apps and Infra CS
Customer/Field Engagement & Communications: Manage operations of Apps and Infra CS leader executive sponsorships, events, customer engagements, PR, thought leadership, which include:
- Field Advocacy: coordinate and drive engagement across CS community, and support to provide connections on Azure Apps and Infra strategy and roadmap to empower Solution architects/engineerings in customer conversations and engagements.
- Customer connections: Drive the CS Leader strategy for Customer connections. Capture customer success stories, evidence and case studies to create a repository of relevant information that can be leveraged for future events. Keep the LT on track for assigned actions.
- Communications: Coordinate and own the strategy around CS Leader communications content, messaging, events, blogs etc. Provide some consulting and support to other team members who will be involved in external communications. Develop an engagement plan to team communications including all-hands, emails, townhalls and poll plan.
Employee Engagement: Manage operations of CS Leader employee engagement and internal communications in partnership with comms team and HR.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in a fast paced, operationally or business management focused role.
- The position requires an individual who understands how to get things done through influence by leveraging your extensive interpersonal and collaboration skills. You must have experience in strategic planning, execution, building relationships and working with executives at all levels.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with engineering, corporate headquarters, field teams, and customers at a senior level is an excellent advantage.
- You enjoy working towards deadlines, with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, while driving clarity.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues and results; good project management skills.
- Competency in the areas of cross group collaboration, analytical/financial thinking, creative problem solving, process development and strategic development.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, excellent execution, and follow through skills.
- Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business.
Manages confidentiality without exception; demonstrates outstanding judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
Power-user of Teams and PowerPoint and familiarity with Power BI.
- High personal accountability for self and others and models Microsoft values
- Bachelors Degree or equialent; MBA/Masters a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.