|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to shape one of the biggest market opportunities for Microsoft in analytics space? This is an enormous market opportunity for Azure to gain share against intense competitive pressure to win key customers to migrate to Azure Synapse Analytics. This role would also develop and execute the strategy for how we go-to-market (GTM) in strategic must-win verticals that Microsoft has identified as prioritized industries. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced marketer to be embedded in Microsoft’s Cloud Scale Analytics team. On offer is the role of Product Marketing Manager of Azure Synapse Analytics spanning both on-premises data warehouse migration as well as driving our verticalization marketing strategy. With an industry-leading data warehouse offering, Azure Synapse Analytics, Microsoft is uniquely positioned to lead and expand this market with you as the architect of this key area of growth! We are looking for a product marketing leader who thrives on bringing marketing vision and structure to deliver innovative products and solutions to market and consequently grow our business.
The ideal candidate will be a high impact, high energy marketing professional and will be responsible for growing Azure Consumed Revenue (ACR) from on-premises customers and new customers in yet untapped industry markets. The candidate will drive the end to end GTM utilizing skills such as market and opportunity analysis, maturity and adoption technology curve modeling, business development, business models, partner marketing and development of compelling business value proposition around migrating to Azure Synapse that helps us close deals. This is a highly visible role in a here-and-now hot space that will require working closely with internal stakeholders, engineering, content SMEs, integrated marketing, area PMMs, account teams, technology specialist teams and partners to define, deliver, and streamline product content, marketing and communications. An ideal candidate for this role will have strong experience in product strategy and demonstrated experience in structuring marketing plans, product planning, and content development. You should be comfortable in a start-up environment, ready to take on multiple responsibilities, and adept at conceptualizing and achieving ambitious goals. Strong understanding of cloud technology, outstanding communication skills, and bias for action are critical for success in this role. Must be obsessed with outside-in view of customer experience with both strategic and execution marketing chops.
- Drive end-to-end journey of all go-to-market activities and programs for on-premises data warehouse migrations to Azure Synapse Analytics for an outsized potential revenue impact
- Support net new data warehouse opportunities with Industry go-to-market strategy for Azure Synapse Analytics in key verticals including Retail, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Banking and Insurance
- Enable data warehouse migrations with Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) modeling tools to quantify the business value of data warehouse migrations
- Lead field enablement trainings for sellers and scale out tools for adoption by field and partners
- Work effectively with cross-company stakeholders to gain buy-in from leadership including Global Black Belts/Sellers/Partners/Industry stakeholders to drive consumption on Azure
- Understanding customer, competitive and market trends to drive strategic marketing development and planning
- Own, develop and land product GTM content including blogs, presentation decks, demos, whitepapers, webcasts/videos, customer evidence and marketing campaign assets
- Collaborating deeply across multiple teams and disciplines to ensure coordinated marketing strategies across multiple divisions
- Identify key customer scenarios, determine product value and prioritize areas of investment for engineering teams
- Serve as an evangelist and subject matter expert to customers, partners, sellers, and analysts, regularly presenting to audiences large and small
- MBA or equivalent degree required
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, B2B sales, engineering, or technology marketing roles preferred
- Deep understanding of the analytics and data warehousing market preferred
- Experience in a B2B marketing role focused on running marketing campaigns and demand generation
- Excellent oral and written communications abilities, and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with technical and business leaders
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ambitious self-starter, eager to dive right in and optimize the platform
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.