|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($38 billion in FY20 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, real time telemetry and anomaly detection systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
If you are passionate about cloud computing, get excited about transforming Microsoft’s most critical business through data and automation, come and help us build the most reliable & efficient datacenter infrastructure on the planet. The CO+I Engineering team is responsible for envisioning and delivering end to end software solutions that helps our cloud business scale efficiently. We are looking for a customer obsessed, data driven, technical, Program Manager with strong collaboration and communication skills, product design, and execution ability, to drive automation and tooling efforts in the Critical Environment management space. You will drive vision for one or more product features, and work with Engineering and Operations to operationalize tools that make our datacenter operators significantly more efficient. This is a unique, high impact opportunity to work at the intersection of business and technology, and the space is expected to grow significantly over the next few years.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Partner with datacenter Operations and Engineering teams to deeply understand business processes and systems and deliver end-to-end software solutions.
- Define and own product roadmap, drive planning activities, and partner with engineering and Operations teams to ensure successful delivery and operationalization.
- Provide regular program updates to a variety of stakeholders.
- Define & analyze KPIs to measure product and business success.
- Establish effective feedback loop with the field to gain insights for continuous product improvement and to drive adoption.
- Be a force multiplier of the team by driving clarity and generating energy.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to ship software solutions, from concept to launch.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.