|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
Data and Artificial Intelligence (Data & AI) is one of the most strategic & fastest growing businesses worldwide at Microsoft. Given our mission to build THE hyper growth business for the company, there’s never been a more exciting & compelling time to be a part of the Data & AI business at Microsoft!
We’re looking for an exceptional leader, execution driver, and cross-team collaborator to accelerate and grow the sales of our Azure Cloud Scale Analytics. As the Business Program Manager & Operations Lead for Analytics & AI, you will partner with multiple organizations to refine the strategy and drive execution of the various Analytics & AI priorities, sales programs, and technical initiatives. This role will partner with all teams in the Analytics & AI org, Data & AI Teams, Small, Medium, and Corporate businesses, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Partners and Services.
Analytics & AI Strategy: Ideate, plan, and execute on strategic projects driven out of the Analytics & AI Leadership team.
- Support and refine an all-up team strategy, initiatives, and programs, and iterate to improve the operational framework for its execution.
- Represent the Analytics & AI organization in syncs with peer organizations, collaborating and influencing changes needed to unblock / accelerate customer and field success in Analytics & AI.
Rhythm of the Business (RoB): Manage execution of the various Analytics & AI programs and initiatives, defining milestones and supporting leadership team on the:
- Operating Rhythm: Identify key metrics that help us measure success of our strategic investments, develop, and implement key business reviews to accelerate:
- Pipeline creation and progress to closure, programs execution, Success of Analytics & AI sales motions, and Technical initiatives.
- Set up the processes that enable the different teams in Analytics & AI to drive outcomes and insights, including field-to-corp. SCRUMs, must-win accounts RoB, and compete SCRUM, in a coordinated fashion with another team in the Data & AI org (incl. Time Zone Leads, Planning) and orgs.
- Team Priorities and Operations: Participate in the overall group strategy decisions and assist in implementing policies and procedures while focusing on maximizing the success of the team. Provide guidance to the team on Analytics & AI headcount, opex, cogs, vendor strategy.
- Partner closely with HR and the Analytics & AI management team to identify priorities and drive the Analytics & AI people rhythms.
- Lead employee engagement initiatives and communications, including internal org comms and field leadership & sales community communications.
Customer/Field Engagement & Communications:
- Facilitate customer and partner sponsorships and engagements, as well as executive coaching of account Data & AI plans. Partner with broader Data & AI staff, marketing, and engineering to ensure repository of relevant information for external connections.
- Experience: 5+ years of Enterprise Customer experience in sales, technical sales, marketing and/or consulting roles.
- Structured Thinking: Clearly outline and present complex concepts, thoughts, and ideas.
- Judgment: Track record of combining data-driven analysis and experience to provide quality decisions / proposals for complex problems.
- Adaptability: Ability to handle change, juggle multiple demands, and adapt to new situations with fresh ideas or innovative approaches.
- Cross-group collaborator: Demonstrate empathy and generate positive energy when solving complex problems in teams.
- Influence: Proven ability to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, as well as to influence decision makers, influencers, and peers’ external stakeholders (partners, customers).
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Business Results accountability. Experience in roles that had primary accountability for business results including revenue targets and KPI execution.
- Data & AI domain expertise (e.g., Data Engineer, Analytics platform certification)
- Strategy development and rollout. Experience developing and landing sales strategies or other business strategies for data platform and Analytics solutions.
- Education: MBA degree.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.