|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global initiatives in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy. Come and help us to enable the Worldwide Operations team to leverage the power of data, to deliver amazing business experiences, as part of Microsoft transformation to Mobile and Cloud First.
The Safety, Risk Intelligence and Shared Services engineering team is a high performing group within the Protective Services organization. We drive and own key services that bolster Microsoft’s Digital Safety, Case and Evidence Management, Data & Risk functions. Successful candidates must have a track record of showing up in a variety of technical and business situations with an inquisitive, can-do mindset and the ability to break through barriers, challenge the status quo, and build connections across organizations. Our ideal candidate will think about audience scenarios and demonstrate user empathy when designing and developing solutions. This candidate needs to have an eagerness to roll up sleeves, learn & apply the latest technologies while building high-quality web applications, APIs and microservices with high availability and reliability that simplify complex business problems.
Now let's talk about you. You want to build best-in-class solutions using robust coding practices and the latest tech. You have passion and desire to work under an Agile DevOps culture and you enjoy the rhythm of a fast-paced startup environment. You relish the opportunity to work closely with your customers and deliver software that delights them.
- Design and deliver the next generation of highly scalable, intelligent cloud services and products
- Apply human wellness-centered design practices to deeply understand Moderator needs and learn and adapt the UX platform vision and strategy around these insights
- Build and ship accessible, maintainable, production-quality web client code
- Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Collaborate with colleagues including product owners, UX designers, ML Engineers/Researchers, data scientists and other engineers to create delightful and meaningful experiences for our customers
- Evangelize and/or propose new ideas while "bringing others along" with strong communications
- Demonstrate a sense of pride, ownership, and personal accountability for the end-to-end product
- Continuous learning and working closely with the latest technologies (Serverless, containerized apps, AI/ML, IoT, .NET Core, etc.) in Microsoft
- 3+ years software development experience using OOP languages (C#, C++, Java, etc.)
- Solid UX design skills, including responsive and accessible design needs
- Experience with technologies like Single Page Applications, JSON, Typescript, React, Angular and AJAX
- 2+ years experience working with cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS, or similar
- Strong experience in OOP, .NET framework, Entity Framework, C# and SQL along with exposure to cloud services (Azure, AWS...)
- Experience with distributed systems design and implementation, especially microservice architecture
- Strong software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, async programming patterns, object-oriented design, parallel programming)
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Machine Learning or Deep Learning experience would be a bonus but not required. After all, we believe in learning and growing on the job
- Master’s in Computer Science or related field is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.