|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is seeking for an U.S. Indirect Tax Analyst to join its Americas Indirect Tax Compliance team.
Microsoft Tax & Trade Department is responsible for Worldwide Tax & Trade Reporting, Compliance, and Planning, including the technology and process functions to support the coordination of the worldwide tax and trade functions. There are seven major functions within the Tax Department. 1) Tax Affairs; 2) International Tax and Transfer Pricing; 3) Tax Reporting 4) Tax Planning and Tax Controversies; 5) Indirect Tax; 6) Tax Litigation and 7) Tax Process, Technology & Trade.
This role supports the Indirect Tax Compliance Team which ensures accurate and timely filing of Microsoft’s Indirect Tax Compliance obligations across the Americas region. Collectively, our team helps ensure Microsoft has the appropriate level of planning, compliance and audit readiness for Sales/Use, Gross Receipts and Telecommunications Tax.
The Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for supporting the business on their indirect tax related queries & providing strategic advice on indirect tax implications of transactions. The team is dedicated to ongoing improvements and the utilization of tax technology to continually improve its compliance processes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Preparing, reviewing, and submitting Sales/Use, Gross Receipts, Telecommunications, and other similar taxes Tax remittances to states and applicable jurisdictions.
- Processing jurisdictional responses and updating internal task tracking tools accordingly
- Develop and implement process/technology improvements across Indirect Tax compliance
- Transactions transformation and process/technology improvements,
- Prepare reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts.
- Perform some sales and use tax research (taxability, rates, exemptions, etc.),
- Tax analytics and reporting enhancement,
- Complete special tax projects as needed,
- Data governance, accuracy and auditability
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Work across function within Tax and with other Microsoft business groups, providing tax compliance guidance as needed.
- The recommended qualifications for the ideal candidate include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA or similar professional designation
- Minimum of 5 years of Indirect Tax compliance experience with public accounting firm, major law firm or multinational organization.
- Strong tax technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to deliver on tight timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to champion and implement process improvements.
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with SQL, Alteryx, Access, or Power BI is a plus.
- Experience working with large data, strong data analytic skills.
- Relevant experience and knowledge of SAP, Vertex, and other tax/billing systems is a plus.
- Ability to work with technology, including data analytics, spreadsheets, presentations.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast pace, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.