|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Our Technical Specialist team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Modern Work Technical Specialist, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with Customers working with Account Executives, Solution Specialists and Partners to understand the customer's business needs, and then prove and design business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with focus on Microsoft 365 suite. You will own technical and solution envisioning with customers via Teams engagements including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
- Act as the key technical contact for our Corporate Sales team with focus on Teams and Voice technologies
- You will be the subject matter expert leading technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions for Teams Meetings, Calling and Devices ensuring customer security and compliance requirements are met
- Execute quick technical feasibility assessments and proposal developments for the customer’s identified solutions
- Scope the technical and security design for customer solutions, select optimal migration paths for the customer, build consumption plans, as well as execute limited POCs, where necessary
- Prepare technical insights and key scenarios required to drive the right technical and business solution outcomes
- Meet and exceed team-level Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Sales Targets for Revenue and Usage, as well as operational scorecard metrics
- Contribute to customer-facing events such as webinars and workshops
- Contribute to internal tech intensity knowledge sharing sessions to share knowledge with the rest of the team on your subject matter expertise areas
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest technical developments in cloud capabilities for both Microsoft and competitors
- Voice/Network Expertise - Deep experience with, and ability to explain key benefits, trade-offs, and architectures relating to network routing (TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, firewalls and protocols), telecommunication platforms (TDM PBX & IP-PBX, A/V MCU, VTCs, SBCs, gateways); voice applications & integration (Auto Attendants, Call Queues, IVRs, ACD, Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/Web Conferencing and Devices, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax, Voicemail, Enterprise Interaction Management, Work Force Management, Sales Automation, Contact Centers and Programmable APIs) and networks (PSTN, Wireless, IP) required
- Technical depth - Technical experience with design, configuration and implementation of infrastructure in Microsoft Teams Meetings, Phone System, Direct Routing, Devices supporting Meeting Rooms Solutions (Microsoft Surface Hub & OEM Devices) and Calling, interoperability with 3rd party Meetings & Phone System solutions and management cloud as well as competitive product knowledge (Zoom, Cisco, Google) required
- CloudTrust - Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions required
- Experience - 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles required
- Collaborative - Able to work cohesively with external customers and internal Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners required
- Excellent Communicator - Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value required
- Growth Mindset - Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing best practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required
- Technicalbreadth - Customer experience and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft 365 data lifecycle management solutions for Firstline, Core Collaboration & Communications content; Teams platform extensibility for low code/no code as well as custom API’s; competitive unified communications solutions and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions with infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management preferred
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset - Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused preferred
- ExecutivePresence - Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- Certification - Certification in domain-specific technologies like CTNS/CVS or similar certification preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.