|Location:||Minneapolis, Minnesota, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As a Senior Program Managerin our Trust and Safety team, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly understand the Flipgrid platform andinnovate best in class moderationfor millions of learners, educators, and families. In this role, you’ll be challenged to think creatively, technically,as well as the socially,for product implementation andoperations. This requires strength in modeling and understandingofproduct goals,technical solutions,target metrics anddelivering product experiences that enable authentic, respectful,and safe discussions.
- Analyze trends to identify and effectively communicate the community’s ideas and problems to design, development, and other teams.
- Develop comprehensive plans that align product features and services with engineering efforts and leadership expectations.
- Identify and integrate automated AI/ML and filtering tools (internal and external)
- Create artifacts to scope and capture requirements in a consumable fashion.
- Plan and facilitate sprint planning, issue tracking, and project scopingin a fast-paced environment, multi-platform environment.
- Able to quickly define and redefine workflows to ensure project timelines are met and quality ensured.
- Define and measure moderation and moderator actions and activities for decisionmaking,analysis and iteration.
- Review and account for changes in project requirements and be able to quickly draft and communicate changes to teams and stakeholders.
- Consistently monitor and report project progress to stakeholders.
- Orchestrateand supporta team environment thatisproud of theircollaborative impacts.
- Minimum of 6 years of product management experience developingforcustomer facing applications.
- Minimum of 2 years driving moderation or AI/ML efforts.
- Excellentverbal and written communicationsskills.
- Proven trackrecord ofidentifyingand implementingcustomer opportunitiesfor compellingproductroadmapwhile managingplatform technicalobligations.
- Demonstrated decision making skills with limited data to push forward on policies, implementation, and operations.
- Examplesofcreating qualityscorecards, leadership level proposalsand feature crew ready artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to breakdown features into technical requirements that can be appropriately resourced and tracked.
- Demonstrated abilitytoorchestrateexperiencesfor a community of millions.
- Supporting and delivering applications foreducators,students,orconsumers.
- Experience working with tiered,multi-service solutions.
- Experience moderating text, images, and videos.
- Working knowledge of project management and scheduling tools (Jira, VSTS,PivotalTracker, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.