|Location:||Winston-Salem, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
- The candidate will be responsible for managing the execution of projects and collaborate with project managers within the assigned project Teams. The candidate will work within the restraints of project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Work with Sr. Process Engineers to develop and optimize the initial molding processes on new molds using SIM principles and cavity pressure transducer technology.
- The candidate will also be responsible for NPI new thermoplastic tool builds, molding press process development, tool validation, mold conditioning and work instructions.
- Advise and direct Process Technicians to establish process and tooling for continuous improvement.
- The engineer will create RFQ’s with mold specifications on prototype and production molds.
- The ability to conduct design review(s) and work closely with a with Global Supply base effectively.
- Works predominantly with product, quality, assembly, and sustaining engineering’s on refining the plastic part design to achieve or improve manufacturability and low-cost solutions.
- Works with Quality Engineering to develop the CpK, Process Flow, PFMEA, QIP, and Control Plans.
- Release molds to Sustaining Mold Engineering after all product specifications have been met.
- Utilize engineering tools such as Mold Flow and/or MoldEx-3D to suggest product design changes for Design for Manufacturability.
- Responsible drawing package releases for molds, models, and tooling to document control systems.
- Specify, quote, and procure new Injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment for the manufacturing plants as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Engineering Technology preferred; 5+ years’ experience in plastics or injection molding tooling engineering.
- The RJG Master Molder II certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience and understanding of de-coupled injection molding and DOE activities.
- Must be able to use or have knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Candidates with working knowledge of LSR Molding, Diecasting, or Metal Injection Molding preferred but not required.
- CAD Experience and proficiency required (Creo, Solid Works, & Space Claim).
- Exposure to design of plastic products and tooling for manufacturing is a strong plus.
- Experience level will be considered with significant tooling, design and processing background.
- Project Engineer / Project Management experience desired.
- Experience with Thermoplastic Injection Molding is required.
- Familiarity with Automotive requirements for PPAP and SAP desired.
- Small parts (<1 gram) experience preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain valid Passport.
- Travel maybe 15-25% including International to Asia Pacific/EMEA/Mexico regions. (Covid Restrictions apply)
- Proficient in verbal and written English required. Mandarin proficiency a plus, but not required.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.