|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. We are looking for a Program manager to develop next generation Wireless and RF solutions located in Mountain view, CA.
In this role, you will lead as a Program Manager across our broad team—from hardware to end-customer experiences—to develop next generation Wireless and RF solutions.
Our products require a high performance and miniaturized solutions for connectivity to unlock new capabilities and new scenarios across the globe. You will be the glue matter that holds this critical component of our technology stack together and drives the integration into the products we deliver. The future is wireless.
We believe there must be a better way. If you do too, we need you! We are looking for a talented program manager who is also a highly capable engineer.
Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox.
- Schedule and drive RF and Antenna workstreams aligned to the Rhythm of the Business and consistent with the needs of the development team.
- Manage supplier relationships for wireless, antenna and RF components, inclusive of meetings, budgets, sourcing, component/module deliveries and quality control.
- Partner cross-functionally with your teammates across Mixed Reality device hardware and technology to drive and deliver globally optimal solutions for consumer, enterprise and public sector products.
- Engage and partner with manufacturing test engineering and factory management on component and module integration and test.
- Drive new technology development activities across the wireless and RF team in service of the needs of the overall Mixed Reality product roadmap.
- Communicate with precision and clarity to drive alignment in both small and broad teams.
- Report out to executive leadership on a periodic basis.
- Effectively collaborate, build relationships and influence cross-functional team members to achieve product perfection.
- 8+ years of Program Management, Product Management and/or Project Management experience.
- Previous design and/or Program Management expertise in wireless and RF designs, from WiFi to cellular to custom and next generation solutions for high volume products.
- Previous experience and knowledge in various communications standards.
- Experience working through a complete product cycle (from initial design through post-release maintenance), with cross-functional team across the company, suppliers and CMs. Have managed engineering builds.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change, drive for concrete actions and outcomes through active engagement and collaborations.
- Excellent written and verbal collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven, open-minded with a strong growth mindset
- Previous participation in the setting of communications standards through global standards organizations (WiFi Alliance, 3GPP, IEEE, etc.).
- This position may require access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.