|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced Principal Display Engineer to join our Hololens Optics team in Mountain View, CA. This engineer will contribute to our technology roadmap definition, prototyping, and productization for Hololens display.
You will need strong experience in two or more main-stream display technologies (LCD, OLED, LBS, MicroLED, LCoS, etc.), and be able to both see the big picture regarding key project issues and lead core technical activities of a highly skilled cross-functional team.
You will also need to collaborate well with optical engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, Silicon IC design, and manufacturing teams in display development.
- Contribute to Hololens display roadmap definition.
- Drive display design, prototyping, development, and productization.
- Perform display system analysis; establish system to component correlation and spec alignment.
- Work with cross-functional teams on technology implementation. Support product builds.
- Engage with display and optics suppliers. Develop and manage key partnerships.
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years industry experience in one or more main-stream display technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of color science and colorimetry, AR/VR optics, and display testing.
- Excellent communication skills for technical presentation and cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience in bringing new display technologies from design and prototyping to manufacturing.
- Experience in engineering tools: Matlab, Python, JMP, Labview.
- Highly independent, hands-on, self-motivated, and energetic.
- 0 to 25% travel to both domestic and international locations.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.