|Location:||Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s HoloLens Hardware Team located in Mountain View; CA is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Software\Firmware\Embedded engineer on the Hardware System Validation team. Someone with knowledge of both Desktop Software, Systems Software, and Embedded Systems is highly desirable.
The position requires a willingness to understand the entire breadth of the product, how sub-systems interacts with each other and implement tests in software based on that knowledge. The position may require writing or modifying existing software\firmware to support tests if it is not available. Throughout the development process the individual will be called upon to learn, enhance and understand challenges that are unlike anything they might have imagined, innovators are welcome!
- Develop and implement software for PCBA test fixtures
- Build and own a test executive framework, leveraged across multiple teams.
- Architect and execute software for an embedded test system
- Developing work packages and tracking task priority across the team
- Interact with hardware architects and electrical engineers to refine tasks
- Learn, analyze and work with new technologies, break down complex issues and collaborate across cross-functional teams to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- 5 years of experience developing software across a range of technologies
- C/C++ and experience in scripting languages (Python, Powershell)
- Experience with C# and WPF
- Knowledge of high volume consumer electronics design and manufacturing
- B.S. or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 8 years of experience developing software across a range of technologies
- Experience with Embedded Systems Programming a Plus
- Experience with Xilinx FPGA a plus
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.