|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Azure is building the fastest, most secure and stable public cloud. We seek a knowledgeable and experienced system memory & storage senior engineer to collaborate with Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering, Azure Engineering, and Exchange Engineering groups to qualify memory and storage components for Microsoft Data Center. We are looking for a candidate who can understand components architecture, software applications, and OS environment to create components qualification test plan for both device and system levels. This role will also include writing test software in some cases and debug. At the cutting edge of high-performance computing, provides an opportunity to benefit millions of users daily. The successful candidate must be able to synthesize complex and sometimes conflicting requirements from hardware, software and business teams.
- Architecture and deployment of system memory and storage components qualification test plan and test tool.
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to define and architect test solution for both component and system levels to meet requirements and specification.
- Oversee the test plans and qualification coverage for memory and storage, including usage models
- Debug and drive to resolution issues related to the qualification of Microsoft’s Cloud Servers
- Work with suppliers and internal teams on resolving issues
- Interact with multiple teams inside and outside of Microsoft
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher preferrably with a Computer or Engineering Focus or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in hardware validation (planning, documentation, development, execution, and debug)
- Knowledge of x86 server system, system memory, and storage architectures
- Familiarity with networking, power, rack management and remote access environments
- Experience integrating and validating hardware components level and system levels.
- Familiarity with various industry DDR, SATA, and NVMe compliance toolsets
- Understand signal integrity of PCIe and DDR4/DDR5 interface
- Familiarity with and able to develop scripts (PowerShell, Python, Perl) and routines to enable debug and accelerate data collection and data reduction via automation
- Self-motivated individual, must be able to work collaboratively in team environment and across internal divisions and industry (OEM, ODM), demonstrate technical leadership in driving successful product development
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.