|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a systems thinker interested in defining Microsoft’s global sales strategy for the rapidly evolving security solutions market?
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in security and research to enable its customers to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms. We deliver the security, compliance, and identity solutions they need to keep their data safe.
In the Security Solutions Team, we are passionate about this mission and we are looking for a Business Architect (BA) to join our team and enable our field to best serve our customers and our growth ambitions. As a BA, you will be at the nexus of sales, engineering, marketing and business planning to drive our global strategy for M365 Security.
Partnering with colleagues in corporate leadership roles in Engineering, Marketing and Sales, you will be critical in defining the right field model to accelerate our growth in the security business and customer adoption of advanced capabilities of M365 across security, identity and management. You will be a visible advocate for the field and will be counted on to represent the voice of the field and customers across our corporate functions.
As a leader for the Security business you will:
- Lead and drive the future fiscal year planning process which includes the following business levers:
- Blueprint and capacity
- Sales model design, role orchestration and Go to Market strategy
- Incentives and compensation
- Engage and influence corporate and field stakeholders to drive alignment around the plan.
- Represent business and technical needs/feedback in key leadership forums with engineering and business leaders.
- Assess current year performance and provide course correction recommendations.
- Ensure right metrics and KPIs in place to achieve right outcomes for our customers and measure progress over time.
- Engage and present to customers on key opportunities through Executive Briefing Centers (EBCs) to help secure their technical decision and preference for Microsoft solutions.
To thrive in the Business Architect role, you will bring:
- 7+ years of experience across strategy, sales and Go-To-Market roles.
- The passion and expertise to analyze and decompose complex systems to design and refine towards a desired outcome.
- Experience building forward-looking performance indicators.
- A track record of delivering complex projects that have measurable results.
- 5+ years of experience working directly with senior sales executives and as part of a field sales team in the technology industry.
- The ability to gain the trust and confidence of the stakeholders across the organization and be a visible leader who can drive results in a matrix environment, through influencing the work of others.
- A reputation as dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, and confident working with senior leaders
- Excellent internal and external communications skills, written, verbal, visual and presentation.
- Experience positioning enterprise security and identity solutions and partner integration to help elevate customers’ security posture.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of audiences from IT, security administrators, and CxOs (with primary focus on the Chief Information Security Officer).
- Experience in subsidiaries/areas (emerging/developed countries)
Location/Travel – You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect global travel to be less than 25%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.