|Job Type:||Full Time|
Billions of users. Billions of dollars. Millions of products. Planet-wide reach!
The Commerce and Ecosystems team is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale and business critical cloud services. These services have a massive global footprint over 240 markets and process millions of transactions and petabytes of data daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a cloud first, mobile first strategy. The platform powers all of Microsoft’s key services – Azure, Microsoft 365, XBOX, the Microsoft Store.com and our resale & developer ecosystems, just to name just a few.
Microsoft’s Commerce + Ecosystems group is the team for experienced, collaborative, and passionate professionals seeking a rewarding career in the highly innovative, fast paced and technology centric environment of e-commerce. You will have the opportunity to drive high impact, high visibility projects as a member of the Commerce Engineering Engagement team.
We’re responsible for technical escalation resolution and continuous customer experience improvement across a wide and deep scope of online commerce, order to cash and subscription lifecycle scenarios. You will collaborate with cross disciplinary teams in engineering, operations, tax, legal, customer support, and sales, as well as external payment processors and financial institutions worldwide.
- Reducing incident rates, time to escalation and time to resolution at the scenario level of detail through proactive and reactive collaboration with cross functional teams
- Drive a virtuous cycle of learning and corresponding process/tooling/platform improvements through case reviews, frontline customer support immersion sessions and engagement in various pilot projects and machine learning based experiments
- Analyze data from multiple stakeholder engagements to identify new features and process improvements yielding continuous customer experience lift and competitive advantage
- Perform forensic analysis to investigate complex issues involving commerce services typically impacting large sets of customers and/or resellers and may also involve significant business impact. This will require hands on work with secure enterprise databases, logs and tools
- Curating and presenting your own analysis to cross functional stakeholders and all levels of leaders to influence change and investment decision making
- 7 years of program management and data/statistical analysis experience
- Ability to write/edit SQL queries to extract, manipulate and analyze data
- Troubleshooting Rest API activity, including analysis of log files and similar telemetry data
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and written/verbal English communication skills
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.