|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come join us in shapingthe future of education!
Would you like to be part of the team that is building thenext genappsand services to revolutionize the learning experience?Want to join one of the most customer focused organizations? Do you enjoy mentoring and want to build an inclusive team culture?If so, then we might have just the right opportunity for you! The Educationengineeringteamserves a mission criticalverticaland acts as an incubationgroundfor M365 initiatives.We arecreatingunique experiences for students, teachers, administrators and parentsand our goal is to empower everylearnerin the world to achieve more.
We are looking for amotivated, experienced,backend/middle tiersoftware engineer tohelpdefine and build featuresthat will bring the next generation of education experiences to anyone, on any device, at any time. Our highly scalable services aim to serve millions of teachers and students across the globe andthatmakesMicrosoftTeams the hubforall learning experiences and aims for technology and tools to not get in the way of learning.
Our engineering culture isdata driven, dynamic and inclusive. Team members are encouraged to explore innovative ideas, establish hypotheses, and implement them iteratively to learn and adapt quickly. We are passionate about pursuing service agility and deploy frequently to production. Our core platform - the EDU Assignment service - is a distributed RESTful API deployed in Azure and built on top oftheOffice365 Substratelayer and SharePoint. Our UI experiences are built on top ofReactJs. As aSeniorSoftware Engineer, you will be a key player across all areas of the engineering lifecycle, including eliciting requirements from actual customers, defining the feature in partnership with UX designers and Product Owners, building the experience by writing the code and working across organizational boundaries, shipping it with quality and sustaining it through its maturity.
The candidate should have good communication skills, both written and verbal, since working comfortably and effectively with real customers - in-person - is part of our product lifecycle. We also expect the candidate to come up with innovative product ideas and business hypotheses, display a Bias for Action in implementing them, and learn and adapt quickly.The ideal candidatebrings the following technical and interpersonal skills to the team:
- Advanced skills in programming languages like C#, C++,Java, Go orPython with keen awareness of latest open source software trends.
- Building highly scalablemicroservices with asynchronous data processingand event driven workflows.
- Experience in service delivery technologies (ASP.NET WebAPI) andAPIindustry standards (REST, OData, Json)
- Goodunderstanding of implementing distributeddatastoreswithcloud services experience inofferings likeAzureCosmosDB,Tables, Blobs, QueuesorServiceBus.
- Developexemplary andunittested codeandenjoysparticipation in codereviews,design brainstorming sessions.
- Planfor tomorrow by architecting maintainabilityintothe productand insisting on the highest standards.
- Put customers first and displaycustomerfocus by mitigating experience impacts as an on-call-engineer and being diligentaboutroot-cause analysis.
- Clear, concise, and effective verbal and written communicator.Abilityto communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- 5+ years ofsoftwaredevelopment and design experience using C#, C++,Java, Go orPython.
- 2+ years of building highly scalablemicroservices with asynchronous data processingand event driven workflows.
- Codingisa primary requirement of this job.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.