|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Project Manager will drive project execution in pursuit of achieving flawless launches following the TE internal LEANPD new product development process; i.e. delivering projects that are on-time, on-budget, and meet performance objectives. The successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate and motivate local and global teams, influence global stakeholders (TE internal as well as external customers), and enable projects to be profitably developed and successfully deployed.
- Process: follow LEANPD process and control documentation including design and development history.
- Cost control: manage the project capital, expense, and resource expenditures to stay within budget and ensure that the financial returns are maintained.
- Communications: develop the project communication plan, lead weekly project reviews with customers, hold periodic internal project reviews as needed, report project progress, and manage and influence stakeholder expectations.
- Planning: Lead and develop effective project plans including the core areas of project integration, timing, costs, risk management, communications, project quality, human resources, procurement planning, and scope.
- Risk management: effectively create, monitor, and control risk management plans.
- Customer management: perform integrated change management control including establishing the change management procedure, maintaining the risk register, getting authorization, and payment from customers for agreed-upon changes.
- Capacity planning: develop and maintain capacity plans at the global assembly level to the component level.
- To facilitate and ensure cross-functional coordination within core teams, considering regional differences in organizational structures and complexities in dealing with cross-business units.
- To provide a central focal point for the sales and marketing team to ensure customer focus is keenly maintained during all project launches. For operations to ensure new product launches align with manufacturing strategy and footprint. And for Demand Management and the Sales and Operation Planning team to ensure new projects have the necessary visibility/planning for the successful start of production.
- To partner with the PjM team manager to streamline and continuously improve the new product development process.
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering or technical preferred)
- Project management experience with progressive responsibilities (2+ years preferred) under one of the industry quality management system (CMMI, ISO-TS, AS9100).
- Global Business and project-related experience highly desired
- Project Management Professional certification a plus (PMP/AMBOK/PRINCE2)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to effectively work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and time zones
- Strong aptitude for problem-solving
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Rigorous and result oriented
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups