About the role
Abcam is a leading web-based business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide.
We are seeking a Research Associate for our chemistry technology development team to synthesize a wide variety of detection-based products in our Eugene, OR facility. The core responsibility will be to provide support to the chemistry team in synthetic, purification and analytical development of our catalog and new products prior to their entry into the manufacturing process. These products include fluorescent dyes, quenchers and labels, conjugation compounds, polymeric and scaffold systems and modified amino acid, peptide and protein products.
- Perform documented methods required for finished product synthesis.
- Review manufacturing documentation for process deviations.
- Communicate analyzed results in detailed written reports.
- Develop and maintain SOPs of synthetic and analytical methods
- Maintain accurate and detailed records
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with Abcam's Global Quality Standards.
- May be required to perform other duties as required/assigned
- Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. in Chemistry, or closely related discipline
- At least one year of related industry experience
- Two years of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience running modern organic chemistry synthetic reactions
- Knowledge of HPLC, TLC, NMR UV/Vis and Fluorescence Spectroscopy Techniques
- Strong background in biochemistry, cell biology or immunology.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office and laboratory equipment
- Lab setting 80%
- Office setting 20%
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law