|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Associate Product Manager assists the Product Manager in making sure that their product lines meet or exceed all of the key performance indicators established during the annual strategic and operating planning processes. They will work across functions to manage all aspects of the product life cycle from strategic planning to day-to-day tactical activities, with an emphasis on supporting the tactical activities associated with running a product line.
Market Sensing & Strategy Development:
- Research market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Provide materials to support the go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product lifecycle by providing product trend analysis to the lead PM(s)
Develop Business Plan
- Work cross functionally to achieve sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Implement pricing policy as defined by lead PM(s)
- Assist in the development of the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
Execution – New Product Development & Launch
- Prepare financial analysis in support of new product launch
- Create new part numbers
- Provide product information and samples to customers and sales team in support of new product launches
- Issue material change orders
- Create RTS requests for new product development projects
- Gather product specification and product attribute information for the development of marketing collateral, including e-catalog
- Provide product demand forecast inputs to the S&OP process
Execution – Post Launch Product Management
- Perform pricing analysis in preparation of catalog price changes or in response to special pricing requests
- Develop the sales forecast for the S&OP plan
- Provide product information to customers, the sales team, customer service, field application engineering, etc.
- Perform product cost and gross margin analysis
- Responding to requests for proposals
- Analyze excess and obsolete inventory
- Assist in championing the resolution of product issues, e.g. delivery, quality, inventory
- Respond to requests for samples
- Issue product change notices and material change orders
- Issue RTS notices for new stock requests
- Coordinate and implement product and applications training
- 2+ years of experience in product management, sales, finance, or engineering.
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- 4-year technical or business degree required, advanced degree preferred
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups