|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Endpoint Manager (MEM) is one of the fastest growing cloud-based enterprise services at Microsoft, consisting of several key services and products including Microsoft Intune, Configuration Manager, and Desktop Analytics. MEM allows IT professionals to manage the ever-increasing usage of devices in the workplace, allowing them to secure corporate assets & data while giving users the confidence that their personal data stays private. Business, governments, and educational institutions are under constant threat from a variety of actors, and they are attacking users in record numbers. We protect Microsoft’s customers and their devices across the world and secure their devices from corporate espionage, data leakage, and application infiltration. MEM is a multi-platform solution (Windows, iOS, and Android), integrates with key cloud services at Microsoft, and is built on some of the latest Azure technologies.
We are looking for a self-driven Site Reliability Engineer with a history of engineering excellence and experience in running cloud services. You will be responsible for optimizing and operating services in a data-driven manner, working closely with Software Engineers to design and deliver a service that adheres to services best practices, is highly available, provides a great user experience, and meets our compliance policies and requirements. You’ll be focused on driving continuous improvements across the lifecycle of our services from development to deployment to live site management. You’ll also demonstrate a history of managing multiple priorities, deep technical and online services skills, a focus on using metrics and data, and a strong "live site first” mindset.
- Evaluate and implement automation and tooling solutions to ensure consistent processes and tasks are performed with a high level of accuracy and reduced defects.
- Evaluate and contribute to service design and architecture, help shape SRE strategies, review specifications, and design and improve upon core processes.
- Work individually and with teams to drive reliability goals and objectives across services.
- Provision new service instances and deploy required service components.
- Implement and manage appropriate access control policies to ensure compliance with security requirements.
- Analyze service performance to improve quality and customer experience.
- Identify system problems and recommend monitoring solutions & automation to improve processing efficiency and stability.
- 5+ years of SRE or SWE experience developing or running large scale online/hybrid services.
- Demonstrated experience with Azure services and capabilities (and/or other cloud platforms like AWS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Science or other technical field
- Experience with metrics related to service availability, performance and security and ability to plan and implement projects related to service improvements.
- Understanding of how to implement high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity concepts in online services.
- Fluency in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, CLI, Python etc.).
- Willing to work as part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Desired experience with networking, DNS, IP protocols, firewalls, and load balancer concepts.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives/projects.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.