|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness, and environmental sustainability.
We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
Our core infrastructure is a target for cyber criminals, nation-state adversaries that seek to bring harm to our businesses, customers, and staff. Holding the line against them is the Datacenter Cyber Defense team! We are Microsoft’s industrial strength security team!
With a focus on safety, resilience, and recovery the Datacenter Cyber Defense team is responsible for fielding and operating our datacenters cyber security systems, controls and processes that protect and defend Microsoft’s datacenters operational technologies (OT), industrial scenarios and other mission critical infrastructures.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
The Datacenter Cyber Defense team is seeking a Network Security Services Manager to join our Datacenter Cyber Defense Team! This role is responsible for designing, delivering, and providing operational support for network security services that focus on critical infrastructure networks. You will help to establish a team that will be focused delivering programs, projects, and operational support that fall within the areas of datacenter network security infrastructure design, deployment, network monitoring, network hardware/software management and maintenance, 24/7 network operations support, telemetry, security, compliance, network infrastructure builds and deployments, commissioning, proof of concept pilots, and network security infrastructure optimization.
These hyper-scale network systems, programs, and projects will need to potentially span 100’s of sites. To accomplish these outcomes, you will work closely with peer datacenter engineering and support teams, datacenter design and build teams, and key decision makers across CO+I. You will develop and rely heavily on key partnerships with global Datacenter Operations teams. security engineering teams, and CO+I teams responsible for the design and delivery of datacenters, Azure network engineering and architecture teams, and all groups affiliated with Microsoft Datacenters (Business & Property groups).
A successful candidate will possess a range of experience in the areas of Network Security and Operations Management and Service Engineering; specific activities will include configuration and maintenance of firewalls, network intrusion detection systems, network security controls such as network forensic devices, as well as Identity, Password vaulting, and Access management services. You and your team will be taking part in providing 24/7 operational support for business-critical network infrastructures. Key attributes for successful candidates include network security engineering, architecture and design experience, deep knowledge of protocol security requirements for L7 Firewall rule/policy creation and management. Strong documentation skills, along with interpersonal awareness, proactivity, and a proven ability to deliver on multiple simultaneous cross-group dependent network-based projects will be necessary for success. Familiarity with advanced design processes and concepts in securing large data center networks and support infrastructures, along with a working knowledge of Visio and Microsoft Office software are a plus.
- 5 years’ experience with designing, deploying, supporting highly secure networking environments.
- 5 years experience with designing, deploying and supporting Network Security controls such as L7 firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), and other advanced network security controls
- Strong experience with tooling platforms for infrastructure services such as TACACSs, console command services, security monitoring, incident alarming, audit logging of events for security-related scenarios.
- Strong understanding of how to scale network security operations through software and automation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple concurrent mission-critical infrastructure projects.
- Proven ability to influence and persuade others to influence design and operational outcomes without direct-line authority.
- Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on-time and within budget.
- Proven ability to apply clear critical thinking in complex, stressful situations.
- Provide meaningful and timely reporting of security success metrics.
- Experience defining and documenting architectures, designs, implementation, and support processes for the ongoing operational support of the firewalls, intrusion detection systems and supporting network equipment.
- Working knowledge of vendor support contract terms, conditions, mechanism, and procedures.
- Once safe for employees, travel will be involved (up to 25%).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.