|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The US Federal Consulting Business Applications Center of Excellence is looking for a Project Manager with CRM/CE (Customer Engagement) or ERP Enterprise experience. The Dynamics Project Manager role is a trusted advisor to client project leadership who actively drives communication with leadership within Microsoft and the client to help our customers achieve their objectives. You will provide meaningful, clear and prescriptive advice, grounded in relevant experience, to continuously drive projects through to successful completion. You will be responsible for leading engagement delivery within a formal Statement of Work (SOW) to drive predictable behaviors in terms of project process and outcomes (accomplished on time, on budget, and according to customer specifications). You will be responsible for delivery excellence, engagement quality and customer satisfaction.
Working at Microsoft
We are part of a diverse and multi-cultural team of customer focused and results-driven influencers. With a growth mindset and collaboration at its core, the domain leverages the unique talents and skills of all individuals to drive success and deliver results.
This is your opportunity to work and learn with the foremost Microsoft Dynamics 365 experts on a variety of projects, technologies, and geographies. At Microsoft you will be provided with a range of opportunities for professional and personal development across all our technologies and business. As a member of the Microsoft’s Business Applications team, you will work on the largest and most complex Federal customer projects that will make a real difference in millions of people’s lives.
The Project Manager enables both Microsoft and customer outcomes through orchestration of delivery teams. They govern either a single engagement or a portfolio of projects and are a key driver of the delivery lifecycle, using their executive expertise to remove barriers and deliver successful outcomes. The Project Manager is a key Microsoft Consulting Services role in managing a successful engagement, maintaining portfolio health, and leading a team of delivery professionals. To accomplish this, Project Manager must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. They also play a key role in staffing delivery roles and engaging partners as well as the US Delivery Center as part of the overall Microsoft services delivery model. In some cases, the Project Manager will also assist in contract negotiations.
The Project Manager should have the following core competencies:
- The role should have proven experience in a broad range of industry knowledge and at least 7 years CRM or ERP implementation experience
- Demonstrated capability in managing large, global, complex business applications implementations from inception through go live. You must have led at least three full life cycle Business Application implementation or transformation projects, with results delivered.
- 5+ years working with remote delivery organizations
- Exceptional communication, team building, and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead both large and small consulting project teams
- Be accountable and measured for the project P&L, project/customer success, and platform adoption
- Deliver engagements within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget
- Form, lead, and manage performance of the project team, with sales and delivery talent, both onsite and remote. Typical services project size will vary, and can be between $1M - $10M+
- Interact with customer and internal stakeholders across all levels
- Manage the work that must be done in order to deliver an integrated solution generally composed of products, services, or formalized solution offerings
- Execute established policies and procedures for the project (e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and environment management)
- Develop and maintain the project workplan and schedule in collaboration with customer project management
- Collect, review, and publish project status with regard to resources, stakeholder management, and features (the solution and its quality) that influence project performance and completion.
- Experience which includes evaluating/limiting risk and reviewing Statements of Work with estimates, resources, scope, clear expectations, etc.
- Demonstrated excellence at presenting delivery topics to both business executive and technical personnel
- Knowledge of full services life cycle development methodologies (waterfall, agile, Sure Step)
- Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments
- 10+ years of Enterprise work experience
- 7-10+ years of primary project management as primary project manager on transformational business applications engagements
- 7+ years working knowledge of Dynamics CRM/AX or experience with a comparable CRM/ERP system
- 10+ Years of Federal Government Industry Experience
- PMP Project Manager Professional Certification (or in process)
- Up to 80% travel under normal circumstances
- Bachelor (or Master’s) degree, MBA desirable
- Scrum master
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.