|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
How is the Microsoft Culture you ask?
Our CEO, Satya Nadella has infused a growth mind set with a diverse and positive culture where we all collaborate in open and safe environment because we understand that all voices matter. Our mission statement defines our culture, “Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Diversity and inclusion are inherent to this mission. When we form a diverse, welcoming environment, imbued with our values of respect, integrity, and accountability, employees can do their best work. And, when our organization is diverse and inclusive, we can provide technology solutions that serve the full range of humanity.”
Microsoft Federal one of the world’s best places to work, where we treat others with mutual trust and respect, our work and life can be balanced without choosing between family and work. Our culture and how we treat each other, how we approach and interact with our customers is who we are and that carries over into the care we take of our employees, with industry leading benefits in healthcare, paid time off, and a variety of leave options, which include maternity, paternity and caregiver leave.
Join a team of Cybersecurity Professionals lead by a diverse set of leaders from across the US Federal Government space. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and provide resources and support to everyone on our team.
Microsoft continues to invest over $1B per year in cyber security and research, to provide its customers with the solutions to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security and compliance solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe. In Microsoft Federal, we are passionate about this mission and the Cybersecurity Sales team is looking for a motivated and self-driven sales leader to fill a key role as an Solution Sales Manager. As a Specialist Sales Manager, you will lead a team of CyberSecurity Sales Specialists to partner with a virtual team of technical, services, and partner resources to advance the security and compliance sales process to achieve/exceed quarterly budget targets. The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams, new business, building collaborative business relationships, positioning cybersecurity and compliance solutions and partner integration to help elevate customers’ cybersecurity posture. Candidate should have the ability to effectively present to a wide range and size of audiences from IT, security administrators, to CxO (with primary focus on the Chief Information Security Officer), and decision makers for compliance solutions.
The team reporting to the SSM manages the relationship with the CISO and compliance decision makers in Microsoft’s top accounts, drives revenue and market share by providing customers with insights and solutions that help them confidently and securely move to the cloud. Work across Sales, Product, Marketing, Partner and Services organizations to pull together offerings that promote the goals of accelerating customer adoption of the Microsoft Cloud, leveraging advanced capabilities of Windows 10, EMS, Office 365 and Azure, and utilizing Microsoft’s and partner services for assessments, monitoring and detection, and incident response.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
In Microsoft Federal we’re passionate about this mission and the Cybersecurity Sales Specialist team is seeking a motivated and self-driven sales professional to fill a key role as a Specialist Sales Manager, Cybersecurity. As a sales leader in your territory, you will lead a team of Enterprise Security sales professionals to achieve/exceed quarterly and full year budget targets.
- Develops and leads a successful Enterprise Security sales team which overachieves their quota every quarter and executes high quality sales discipline according to both revenue and business objectives.
- Effectively collaborates across a highly matrixed field sales organization drive for superior results.
- Leads from the front, personally engaging at CXO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; Leads sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Provides value to customers through bringing insights on digital transformation and industry trends, clearly articulates the value of both first party and third party cloud based industry solutions, leveraging our Independent Software Vendor(ISV) and System Integrator(SI) partner network.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches Seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10 years demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior federal government business leaders, specifically CISO, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Strong knowledge of the Government Enterprise Security space, with ability to discuss industry trends and security topics outside of Microsoft technologies.
- Extensive track record of successful sales leadership, including outstanding sales achievement and deal making.
- Strong ability to coach sales teams and lead through both direct and indirect influence.
- Strong track record of delivering Work Health Index at or above average level.
- Depth Knowledge of Enterprise sales processes and a strong track record of cross company collaboration.
- Experience of working with product groups and other Corporate teams to drive Digital Transformation deals.
- Track record of attracting and retaining strong security talent in U.S Government.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.