|Job Type:||Full Time|
Bing Image and Video Search products have been recognized as industry-leading and are consistently the biggest contributors towards Bing’s growth. Billions of new images, animations and videos are being created and shared every day and consumers are spending the bulk of their internet time consuming multimedia content. Users can search images using a text query or through the camera captured image (Visual Search). This brings huge new business opportunities and engineering challenges. Take this opportunity to join the elite Bing Image & Video product team and be a big player at the forefront of this revolution!
This is an energetic team with a startup atmosphere, where anything is possible. It is a KPI & experiment driven, agile & adaptive, high performance team. A key part of your role will be to ensure that as our Image index grows dramatically, it has the best selection of images & pages, and the image stack is performant. This can lead to significant engagement and growth for Bing. In addition, the candidate will get a chance to work on developing Machine Learning techniques for attractiveness, selection and ranking.
- Define Metrics for evaluating Image Index and Improve Image Index Quality across the Globe.
- Enhance Image stack to make it more performant and deep learning friendly for text and visual query.
- Work closely with Development, and Research teams to deliver a highly relevant search experience to the end user. Ideal candidate should be able to work on the entire Search Stack including Ranking, Measurement and Index Quality.
- Define how we can enhance our product so that users can discover images that are attractive, how low chance of watermark, are authoritative and low spam.
- Build and develop relationships with internal and 1st party partners for text and visual query search.
- Do User Studies, propose experiments and write specifications for features that need to be productized.
- Research and design new measurement techniques and metrics.
- Drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Prioritize requirements and do multi release planning.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Good Understanding of Large Scale Distributed Data Systems, Big Data, Machine/Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing and Data Mining.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with a large number of partners and customers and translate requirements into a product vision and roadmap.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience of software product cycle, either functioning as a program manager to drive features from initial planning, design, to implementation and release, or working as a software developer.
- 1+ years of cross group collaboration experience.
- 1+ years of experience with A/B testing, experimentation and data analysis
- Search industry experience is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.