|Job Type:||Full Time|
As digital thieves are getting sophisticated and harder to detect, our customers are looking up to us to protect their data, accounts, subscriptions, and services from cyber-attacks – whether in their own data centers or in Microsoft’s cloud. In addition to recommending preventive measures like hardening infrastructure security, privileged identity management, multi-factor authentication, we have a unique opportunity to develop security solutions that automatically protect our customers using machine learning with security relevant data from various services, endpoints and applications.
As an engineer in our team in C+E Security division you will deliver end to end solutions that leverage machine learning techniques to detect unseen patterns of malicious and suspicious behavior that keep up with constantly changing threat landscape. You will create detection algorithms that will be applicable to multiple services and data sources, and create the infrastructure that runs these detections at cloud scale. Your detections will create a multiplier effect for security analyst’s investigations, resulting in reducing their burden and increasing their effectiveness. Feedback form first-party and third-party customers guides our algorithms to continuously improve their efficacy. Our work enables the combination of machine learning with security research and big data analytics to deliver the world’s best security offerings like Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender and Azure Identity Protection. Come and be part of this exciting new generation of security analytics!
- Develop high-performance machine learning systems for detecting abnormality, intrusion, fraud, and cyber attacks
- Deliver end to end solutions to analyze large scale data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems
- Develop infrastructure required to enable new experiences in enterprise security intelligence by deriving meaning from vast array of enterprise data about users and their activity
- Actively engage other teams across the company to identify security scenarios where machine learning/applied statistics can be used, and lead the development of solutions to these problems
- Act as an expert in the area of machine learning/statistics to serve the growing needs of C+E Security
- Work across teams in Azure Sentinel, Azure Defender and in other geographies like Israel to drive security solutions
- 2+ years of educational or professional experience in developing data processing infrastructure or data mining for real problems with large amounts of data.
- Strong programming skills in Java/Scala/C# and/or Python, with understanding of cloud architectures and distributed computing.
- 2+ years of experience developing production quality code in a professional software engineering role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.