|Location:||Arlington, Virginia, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Joining our Microsoft Federal Operations team will bring you close to the customer and a leading edge go-to-market team. The team has a dynamic, mission-driven culture, with a high degree of passion to meet the needs of US Government customers with a range of solutions. We offer unique opportunities to work across global projects and teams in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Transact Services team is responsible for successful and compliant processing of transactions (from contracts to revenue recognition) for Microsoft Federal Operations. The Transact Enablement Manager is a mission critical role accountable for business success for month- and quarter-end close processing in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The TEM collaborates with other functional teams, partners, and field resources to deliver best in class, integrated transaction services and support experiences. The ideal candidate is at ease working in a highly matrixed, multinational organization, exhibits outstanding organizational, planning, communication, judgement and negotiation skills, uses data and analytics to drive performance insights and improvements and has strong customer and compliance focus. This role is accountable for the successful implementation of all initiatives, programs and changes, including responsibility for ensuring high customer satisfaction while balancing cost/benefit impacts.
- Plan and manage month- and quarter-end processes to ensure all key business processes are executed with quality as part of the operational plan.
- Understand the controls that drive compliance and provide direction to enable stakeholders to design partnership deals compliantly.
- Provide key insights from a service delivery perspective into listening systems for future enhancements of policy & capabilities to enable a more streamlined transaction engine.
- Lead change management of multiple projects and programs related to service delivery, transaction readiness, business and process improvements, new program launches, tools, etc.
- Deliver critical transaction forecasts to outsourcing partners for resource and capacity planning.
- Support critical pre- & post-sales issues and escalations to resolution across stakeholders.
- Drive partnership on end-to-end systems support and readiness with engineering stakeholders ensuring flawless execution on transaction activities and close cycles.
- Provide data, analytics and insights from our transaction engine into future process, policy and capability improvements.
- Assess, recommend and execute Business Continuity Plans in business-critical situations.
- Drive process improvement and seek opportunities to increase agility by identifying future needs for automated processes, services, and solutions to drive business simplification.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security background screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter while in this role.
- 5+ years minimum experience in both high volume and custom transaction processing operations or program management in business process outsourcing, global service delivery, and/or vendor management.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting models and methodologies
- Experience in an offshore environment supporting a global delivery business in both contract management and service delivery.
- Strong business knowledge and ability to set clear expectations for business outcomes within a global multi-site operation
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels
- Proven impact and influence skills - ability to work broadly across disparate groups to gain agreement on direction, integrate disparate opinions into cohesive strategy/message and present/defend recommendations
- Exceptional written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-speed environment
- Strong leadership, cross-team collaboration and communication (both verbal and written) skills required to manage a variety of responsibilities and deliverables
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel driving achievement of business goals, metrics and problem resolution.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work effectively with virtual teams and flexible in a dynamic business environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.