|Job Type:||Full Time|
Edge Design Studio
We increasingly spend our time interacting with web content, apps, and services across multiple devices. The browser has become an essential tool that we rely on for both business and personal tasks. Microsoft is working to evolve the browsing experience for millions of users around the world. We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer with strong interaction design skills to help us evolve how users experience the Edge browser. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited about making a real impact on future technology driven products and experiences.
The UX Designer will be part of the team responsible for defining and evolving the vision, coherence, and functionality, across the breadth of the Edge user experience. We're looking for someone that is forward-thinking and willing to challenge & provoke new ways to help users be more productive and get more out of their activity on the web. This position requires strong design, communication, and organization skills, and the ability to work across teams. We are a team of makers and this role will require big picture thinking and hands on attention to detail. A deep understanding of our customers and passion for creating great product experiences is a must.
As part of the Edge Design Studio, you will work closely with UI designers, user researchers, design managers, and software engineers in a highly collaborative environment. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required.
What you’ll do:
- Create interactive mockups, lightweight prototypes, and design specs to communicate and validate design direction.
- Participate in the design, observation, and analysis of user research.
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the design in implemented effectively and iterate in code to refine the design and respond to user feedback
You should have:
- A current online portfolio. Please provide a link in your application.
- 1+ years of experience in user interface design for consumer product experiences.
- A degree in Interaction Design, HCI or equivalent experience
- Analytical and creative, able to contribute ideas and present them effectively.
- Familiarity with Sketch/Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and Prototyping tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.