|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mary Jo Foley – “Microsoft's 'Power Platform' is one of its biggest bets for 2019 and beyond “
The rapid growth of the Microsoft Power Platform has been powered by organizations across the globe investing in leveraging low-code / high-productivity as the accelerator for their digital transformation ambitions. Power Platform is a strategic new growth area for Microsoft, but more importantly, it is a disruptor technology that is transforming careers of ‘citizen developers’, making Pro-developers far more productive and helping IT finally innovate at the pace that their businesses expect.
The Power CAT (Customer Advisory Team), supporting Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, AI Builder and Common Data Service, is an agile team of Solution Architects within the Business Applications engineering group. The charter of the team is to provide adoption acceleration and architectural advisory services to key enterprise customers, helping maximize the business value these customer get from the platform, while minimizing time to said value.
Key attributes we are look for in a Solution Architect are:
- Passionate about making our Customers successful
- Growth Mindset i.e. you should be willing to take risks, fail fast (if needed) and try again
- Technically astute and a “doer” i.e. you are not afraid to get ‘hands on’ with technology
- Proven track record of leading solution deployments at enterprise scale
- Support customers in their Power Platform adoption journey. Provide architectural guidance and advice to proactively help these customers avoid issues, while removing roadblocks when encountered.
- Help improve the platform by identifying product gaps and being an internal champion with the Product team for the customer’s asks.
- Help scale the platform by regularly publishing whitepapers, blogs, best practice guidance and tools, to help others in the community learn from your expertise.
- Work closely with the Microsoft field sales, partners, CSS, services, operations teams to help drive overall success for the customer and Microsoft.
The successful candidate has the following experience (in addition to key attributes above):
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated work experience in a software development or software delivery business.
- Applicants must be comfortable with ambiguity and self-learners who are able to make decision and keep making progress with minimal guidance.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written. Candidates need to be equally comfortable having conversation with C-level execs, as they are with developers, architects, partners and sales teams.
- Strong project management, problem solving and negotiating skills, with proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situations
- Strong leadership acumen, with ability to influence others and ensure results.
- Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft technologies (Azure, .NET, Office 365, SQL, Active Directory, etc.)
Should have one or more of the following:
- Existing experience implementing Power Platform projects or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement projects a big plus
- Proficiency in C#, .NET Development and Azure Cloud Solution Architecture is very desirable
- Understanding of the Microsoft sales process and tools a plus
Travel: Occasional travel is expected in this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.