|Job Type:||Full Time|
As part of Microsoft’s vision of redefining productivity in a mobile-first and cloud-first world, we believe the modern workspace is underserved by the existing software solutions and we are building the new, truly modern collaboration and productivity hub for the workspace.
Microsoft Teams is core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communications. We are THE hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365 with hundreds of thousands of organizations and tens of millions of users across the globe using Teams. We are looking for software engineers to drive our efforts in areas ranging from performance, mobile architecture, and customer growth on Android and iOS platform.
These positions are with the Microsoft Teams - Mobile Clients and Mobile Platform.
Mobile Clients: tackles the toughest challenges in the mobile collaboration and productivity space with customer driven shipping timelines by collaborating with multiple partner teams on technologies across the company and beyond.
Mobile Platform: we bring developer innovation - everything from conversational bots to rich canvases, built by leveraging Microsoft Graph into a seamless experience for users.
We are looking for an experienced developer who is passionate about reliability, performance and cutting edge mobile technologies. If you are comfortable working in a fast moving environment, enjoy incrementally building towards a well-defined long-term architecture in a diverse, close nit, supportive team and have a desire to continuously innovate, this may be the team for you.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy; our team members come from diverse backgrounds, thrive in team-working, and are grounded in our customer needs. This space is going through rapid growth. People can learn new technologies and grow their career quickly.
- Solve and address any issues in the application fundamentals across areas as we continue to build the next generation capabilities for Android and iOS.
- Own complex features end-to-end, through planning, design, development, release, and maintenance
- Improve the system architecture to scale the mobile development agility.
- Be customer obsessed. Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers in a changing business and technology landscape is critical.
- Have a great understanding of mobile applications, deep understanding of the competitive landscape and usage scenarios. Product vision and ability to plan + design various features in stages to reach the end goal in an evolutionary way is critical.
- You will be accountable to the design, implementation and delivery of solutions that will directly impact the customer experience and store rating. Doing this in an efficient, maintainable way with emphasis on reliability and product performance as the top concern is a must.
- Earn the technical respect of the people on your team. Collaborate with product managers, designers, and fellow engineers to define requirements
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience in at least one of the following: Android or iOS technologies, Java, Kotlin, Dagger, Swift, or Objective-C
- Track record of shipping successful products.
- Knowledge of end to end Software development life cycle.
- Ability to work in large teams and mentor junior developers in the team
- Good knowledge of computer science, algorithms and design patterns
- Ability to appreciate complex problems with a thorough design and collaborate with multiple partners on common goals.
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day on Monday, December 7th, 2020.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.