|Job Type:||Full Time|
To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Accurate data and high data quality is the foundation of all operational data insights work, it is also key in responding to security incidents, and maintaining compliance. The Fleet Inventory team plays a critical role by ensuring timely, accurate, and comprehensive data stream availability to meet many business-critical requirements. This team’s larger mission is to improve Microsoft Azure and other services’ availability, reliability, security, and resultant customer satisfaction by creating and leveraging trusted data, models, and insights on top of the foundational service.
The insights produced by the Fleet Insights system enable Microsoft to meet critical business requirements (Security, Compliance, Capacity planning, to name a few) and are critical to the future success of Microsoft's Cloud Business. You will provide technical leadership, help architect, design, and develop the big data pipeline that supports immense growth of Microsoft's world-class planetary scale. You will help drive the quality of our system and code up by leading technical design and code reviews. You will evaluate internal and external technologies as we scale out our current system to handle orders or magnitude more data streams than it currently does. This is an opportunity to make an impact on the global Azure systems for the largest Cloud infrastructure on the planet.
- Design & develop analytical platform that will enable insights to analyze and measure the rhythm of business
- Drive architectural design across the engineering team using Microsoft’s latest software and services and/or 3rd party or open source software as appropriate to drive operational excellence on a fast-growing, highly technical team
- Developing ETL platform to acquire and integrate data from diverse sources like Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Platforms, SQL Server, Cosmos, flat files etc.
- Create Near Real Time semantic model to support business operational requirement
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Create reports / dashboards using Microsoft technologies like Power BI, Lens Explorer, enable self service
- Create analytical model, performing analyses on data to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and providing insights from data. You will partner and collaborate with engineering groups, business stakeholders to predict Supply
- Experience with Statistical Analysis and Machine Learning
- Passion for designing, building, and trouble-shooting large-scale distributed systems
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
- Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity
- Strong leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.