|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Surface Specialist Manager role and responsibilities:
- Lead sellers to drive the Surface business to overachieve revenue, consumption, and scorecard targets
- Develops their seller’s Solution Sales skills to sell the business outcomes of the broader Surface Team
- Demonstrate excellence in pipeline management to achieve monthly forecasts
- Compete aggressively to win new business and drive Surface market penetration while growing customer mindshare, sharing best practices and use bases with the extended community throughout
- Ensures orchestration among sales team and other teams engaging in the customer (e.g. partners, services, Engineering support, etc.)
- Maintains the pipeline and the forecast to required operational standards
- Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics
- Even higher levels of operational excellence. Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Coaches Seller’s with a "challenger mentality" by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the sales organization and at Corporate levels.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Lead sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions, increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Lead cross-team to ensure customer intent to consume cloud services sold.
- Lead cross- team to compete aggressively to win new business and drive Surface market penetration while growing customer mindshare, sharing best practices and use bases with the extended community throughout
- Lead & Coach Team to own opportunities from start to close as a v-team leader; orchestrate internal and external resources; leverage partners to scale sales on hardware refresh, upsell and expand sales motions; engage Modern Workplace, Business Application and Data & AI sellers to attach Devices.
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
- Your team will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
10+ years of experience:
- Demonstrated Sales experience in Federal end user computing Enterprise sales.
- Solution sales for Productivity, Collaboration solutions, Security Solutions, Business Applications, Data & AI or similar Cloud Solutions
- Selling and managing hardware pipeline and selling devices, including Surface, Hub, and MTR, to enterprise customers
- Identifying unique and complex business challenges and solutions
- Leading multi-million-dollar Modern Work and Device deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
- Successfully displacing competitors
- Carrying and exceeding a large sales quota by driving and closing enterprise deals
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
- Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Executive communications, engagement and influence
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs
5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated Sales Management experience in Federal end user computing Enterprise sales
Deep Understanding of:
- Federal end user computing contracts and contract structures (required)
- Federal end user computing reseller and systems integrator landscape (required)
- Productivity, Security and/or Compliance solutions and how they translate into business impact for Devices
- The collaboration, security, regulatory and compliance customer needs of global customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft’s commercial cloud offerings - including Modern Workplace, Data &AI and Dynamics
- Competitors and related ecosystem
- The latest business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments.
- Proven success in closing complex deals and technical understanding of devices and commercial requirements.
- Good understanding of Microsoft’s business model and sales model.
- Exceeds sales goals in an assigned sales territory.
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives with new ideas that reframes thinking about deriving value from Microsoft solutions.
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
- Demonstrated people leader able to coach and inspire a diverse team of Sales and Pre- Sales Professionals.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Business Management or Industry related discipline. MBA a plus.
- Experience. 10+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or a similar information technology related discipline or equivalent experience (required)
- Additional training and experience in sales, business or marketing (required)
- MBA or equivalent experience (preferred)
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.