|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($38 billion in FY20 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
Within CO+I, the Cloud Operation, Innovation and Engineering (CO+IE) organization owns software solutions to enable cost effective execution of data center planning, operations and execution in every data center Microsoft’s cloud services, Azure, run in.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to our customers and partners worldwide. Our solutions orchestrate and coordinate with systems and processes across many teams in Microsoft – creating and driving clean API’s across them. We acknowledge that the world will never be perfect, so our systems deal with it. Hence, we build systems that are dynamic, highly automated, and easy to operate.
We are a tech team with a high business focus. Our processes are agile – adapting to changes and discoveries and delivering incremental value as soon as practical. We partner with many teams across our immediate group and across all Microsoft to leverage each other’s area of expertise. Joining us, you will touch every Engineering group in Microsoft such as Azure, Office365, Exchange, Bing, Windows, and Xbox.
CO+IE systems are developed in a “next generation” solution with frontend written in Angular/REACT/Node and backend written in C#/Python, among other technologies. We leverage Azure components including but not limited to Azure web services, Service Fabric, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB, Data lake, Queues, and Azure Functions. We have a variety of synchronous and asynchronous systems working together to support planning, execution, operations and security at hundreds of datacenters around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to lead with a strong passion for customer focused solutions and technical expertise who can envision and implement technical solutions to solve large messy business problems at scale. You will be responsible for end to end deliverables with a high degree of visibility. CO+I is a young organization within Microsoft, and as such, you will be responsible for envisioning, designing NEW features from the ground up! We work at a fast pace, in an Agile environment. You must like to deliver value incrementally in a continuous learning environment. Being a foundational layer of Microsoft means that your individual work will have a broad impact across the entire company.
As a leader, you will be interacting constantly across organizational boundaries and providing thought leadership with your partner teams. You will need to deliver through your partner software teams as well as collaborate across teams to deliver greater value to Microsoft.
You should face the world with a combination of hard-nosed realism and clear-eyed optimism that you can make substantial impact. We are keenly interested in engineers familiar with distributed systems, strong background in coding and software design, debugging, and operations experience. We need someone who can contribute to full stack development and devops.
If you enjoy driving innovation in a fast-paced engineering team, passionate about building great user experiences using the latest cutting edge technologies, yearn to build highly scalable distributed services, working across a breadth of CO+I systems in addition to being a depth expert in one or more of those systems this is the right opportunity for you.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Drive strategic decisions and execution to help deliver software solutions at scale
- Define and own the vision and roadmap for the CO+I Inventory team
- Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected
- Define and own key performance indicators (KPI’s) and metrics to managing services and business performance
- Planning and executing solution development using agile development processes.
- Bachelors’ degree
- 6+ years Technical Program Management Experience
- Proven track record of design and technical accomplishment
- Data driven including strong ability to dissect, analyze, and draw conclusion from disparate data sources as well as the proficiency in SQL
- Strong operator: track record in operating in addition to delivering solutions
- Strong technical background in standard web-based systems is a big plus
- Focus on solving customer and business problems
- Strong problem-solving skills. Knowledge of data center operations is a plus
- Optimizes business impact by understanding and applying data-driven intelligence to create change; quickly applies these industry/partner/customer derived insights to inform decisions and drive strategy. Brilliant follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to deliver results despite ambiguity in the requirements and the environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication at all levels (technical, with peers, with leadership, and with execs)
- Effectively demonstrates cross group Leadership and drives alignment and team work across organizational boundaries
- Ability to quickly learn on the job - concepts, processes, technologies
- Ability to balance digging in the details and tracking the big picture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.