|Job Type:||Full Time|
What is Yammer?
Yammer is THE social network for the workplace - used by millions of employees every day to build community and culture, share knowledge, and connect with their leaders and each other.
Yammer was one of the first startup unicorns this past decade and we were acquired by Microsoft in 2012. A lot of what makes working at Yammer special is the unique blend of being a “startup” within a top-tier tech company.
Working at Yammer has many of the upsides of working at a startup, such as autonomy and the freedom to innovate - without the downsides (drama and instability).
- As a growing product with its own focus, we decide as a team where we want to head and the bets we want to take.
- We get to make our own technology decisions and pick the best of open source and internal technology. We run Linux on Azure, use MacBook for development, Snowflake for analytics etc.
- We do a lot with a smaller team, which means people get to wear multiple hats and have outsized impact.
At the same time, we also have the benefits of working at a top tech company like Microsoft:
- Compensation and benefits
- Internal resources, technology and opportunities for growth
- Brand and networking
Last November, we announced a new vision for Yammer – an entirely reimagined and redesigned experience that powers community, engagement, and knowledge across Microsoft 365. In the time since, the way we work and the way we connect has changed dramatically. While we adapt to this change, the release of the new Yammer provides organizations new ways to connect and engage their employees, align on what’s important, and drive outcomes. While the new Yammer only just launched in July this year, we have been hard at work to build new features and capabilities to meet the needs of our leaders, communicators, community managers, and Firstline Workers, so they can work together to share ideas, connect, and find the next breakthrough idea.
It is a great time to join - we are already at scale and growing usage and engagement at a healthy rate but there’s so much uncharted territory in front of us.
About this job
On the Yammer Product team, our goal is to help the entire organization build customer empathy and deliver awesome product which customer love.
As Product Manager Lead, you will own key strategic pillars for Yammer and manage a team of product managers. You will have a massive amount of influence on Yammer’s strategy, what the product roadmap looks like and the ability to shape success criteria when delivering on that roadmap. You will be personally accountable for envisioning and delivering delightful experiences for Teams users to discover and engage with Yammer conversations and communities.
In this role, you will drive increased customer value and Yammer engagement by surfacing Yammer experiences across Microsoft’s productivity suite e.g. Outlook, Teams, and many more apps. You will also own core scenarios and experiences in Yammer web and mobile apps. This is a huge opportunity to reach and serve hundreds of millions of Microsoft 365 monthly active users, and drive Yammer adoption at the same time!
As a Principal Product Manager Lead, you will:
- Define and deliver on the roadmap and strategic vision for the Yammer product.
- Demonstrate stellar cross group collaboration, driving decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization and delivering results that depend on other divisions.
- Build strong partnerships and strategic alignment at every level with other product teams within Microsoft, delivering successful outcomes for our customers and the business.
- Lead Go-to-Market (GTM) efforts for your portfolio working with Marketing, Customer Success and Sales organizations.
- Motivate, coach, and grow a team of product managers to:
- Deliver features, learn from how user adoption metrics and feedback, and effectively communicate broadly on both strategic and operational aspects.
- Distill customer, market, and business insights into end-to-end scenarios.
- Translate business requirements, scenarios into products and services, ability to deliver results in an environment of ambiguity.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, collaborating with the development and design teams to make sure specs are translated flawlessly into great products.
- You must be a leader who can inspire great work from others, committed to ensuring a collaborative & inclusive culture that supports all members to contribute at their best.
- Strong customer focus and a deep commitment to delivering products that create customer value and delightful experiences.
- Humility to be open about what you do not know and curiosity and willingness to learn new product management techniques, technology, and industry domains.
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and inventive spirit, with a passion for great experiences and cloud services.
- Proven experience working through a product cycle from inception to GA, leading the team under tight deadlines.
- A track record of successfully leading large mission critical projects, cross company coordination and communication, and building large scale cloud services.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic.
- 10 years of product management or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.