|Job Type:||Full Time|
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
The Cloud Operation + Innovation (CO+I) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. CO+I’s mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services used by our customers around the world. The organization is responsible for strategy and delivery of the foundational platform for all Microsoft Online Services including demand and capacity forecasting, supply chain, data centers, networking, bandwidth, operations, and incident management. CO+I supports over 200 online businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Windows Azure branded services.
Within CO+I, the Global Data Center Operation Engineering (GDCO-E) organization owns software solutions to enable cost effective execution of data center operations in every data center Microsoft’s cloud services run in. We are looking for Software Engineers to support GDCO-E’s software solutions in Microsoft clouds.
If you have solid development skills and want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is managed and operated globally, this job is for you.
- Designing and building robust, scalable services and APIs using cloud technologies
- Designing and building frontend components
- Collaborating across CO+I and driving for solutions
- Writing and communicating clear and concise technical specifications/solutions
- BS in Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience in designing and developing software/service using Azure technology
- Experience in designing and developing web apps using Angular and TypeScript
- Proven track record of design and technical accomplishment
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Great design with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.