|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
- Financial Management – Assist and drive effective yearly, quarterly and monthly budgeting processes working with the finance team. Ensure that tracking, analysis and follow-up on all budget-related activities take place.
- ROB Management – Assist with the management of the Federal Rhythm of Business (ROB), including fiscal year planning, all-hands, staff meetings, LT meetings, business reporting, etc. to help the business run smoothly and effectively.
- Strategy – Work with leadership team to implement overall strategy for Microsoft Federal to include customer, financial, and organizational approach to the business.
- Communications – Work closely with marketing communications to manage internal and external communications for the CVP including helping develop presentations and providing key business inputs for internal, industry, and customer events.
- Collaboration - Liaison with key partners/stakeholders and team members to orchestrate alignment activities within the Federal organization and with key external stakeholders in WW and MSUS.
- 10+ years working with customers, operations, finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to achieve results through influence across multiple organizations. Executive exposure and cross-functional stakeholder management
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills to access creative solutions in a highly complex, fast-moving business.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and coordinate multiple work streams of activities.
- Experience collaborating with multiple distributed teams in order to drive initiatives on time, within budget and with quality.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and team-oriented with strong capabilities to lead and thrive in start-up type organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance or Business Management
- Experience in US Federal contracting with knowledge of broad cross section of USG customers
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s products, services, and processes
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.