About the role
We are seeking a full-time contract Inventory Specialists until January 2021. Most of the work is in a laboratory setting requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including a lab coat, eye protection and gloves. In accordance with Oregon laws, our site currently requires the use of a mask on site. To ensure a safe work environment and maintain our site capacity constraints during the pandemic the work schedule will include late afternoons/evenings as well as weekends. We are looking for a polished professional who takes their work seriously and values meticulous accuracy in every endeavor. The inventory associate is responsible for the accurate auditing of the locations and quantities of our raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods.
- Cycle count all inventoried materials in our facility. This includes raw materials, works in progress, and finished goods.
- Identify and locate materials using SAP and access databases.
- Assess material based on the inventoried measurement used in our system (mass/volume/unit)
- Compare cycle count results against the stocks listed in our inventory system, adjusting where deviations are found.
Inventory checks and inventory correction requests
- Support site by conducting inventory assessments upon request.
- These include: Inventory spot checks, digital and physical transaction requests, warehouse transfers, issuance requests, and digital scrap requests.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Comply with global health and quality standards.
- May be required to perform other duties as needed in other functions.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to work afternoons/evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Position requires prolonged stints of standing/sitting
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with cycle counting/inventory management
- Previous experience with inventory audits
- Previous experience with SAP or other ERP systems
- Demonstrate outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Previous experience handling contained chemical and biological materials
- Superior multi-tasking skills
- Manages change with positivity and promotes a friendly culture
- Prior experience complying with company Health & Safety and Quality standards
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Prior experience working in a team-oriented environment
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.