|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As a Test and Validation Engineer for TE Connectivity you will focus on test system design and verification-validation testing of high-speed products in cable assemblies targeting high-speed communications and connectivity within data centers and wireless infrastructure. You will be expected to independently work on projects in the areas of validation for product, test system design including selection of hardware and programming. You will work collaboratively within a broader cross-functional team of electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, & operations to execute leading-edge product designs. You will be responsible for the electrical validation of a product/platform beginning with the initial analysis and leading into production verification testing and manufacturing. You will tackle challenging design problems and utilize cutting edge hardware and software tools to guide complex designs toward success.
- Subject matter expert in high-speed test systems and validation activities through product development cycles
- Establishing testing requirements for new products based on electrical and software specifications
- Development of high-speed cables test systems/fixtures from conception to manufacturing deployment
- Test system architecture, system diagramming, test software, hardware build, and validation into manufacturing of the product
- Creating actionable recommendations based on design reviews and product specifications
- Making data-driven decisions about the product functionality and areas for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience in a high-speed test engineering role
- Experience with cable/cable assembly designs (high-speed twin-ax cables, direct attach copper (DAC) cables, active copper cables)
- Experience with high-speed test equipment (Digital Sampling Oscilloscope, Vector Network Analyzer, Bit Error Rate Tester, TDR, Pattern Generators, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Experience with NI Test Stand, LabView or LabWindows, and SystemLink
- Strong analytical capabilities to interpret test/lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix the identified problems.
- Experience in project leadership, especially as it applies across design, development & manufacturing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment – able to accommodate varying time zones, fluent in English (verbal/written), able to collaborate with individuals across geographies
- Individual must be highly motivated, a quick learner, and able to work independently
- Familiarity with embedded systems and ANSI C
- Familiarity with signal conditioning techniques (equalization, amplification, FIR’s, CTLE’s)
- Familiarity with SFF/IEEE specifications for high-speed cable assemblies
- Familiarity with PAM4/8 and other higher-order modulation techniques
- Six Sigma methodologies or other strong data analytics background a PLUS
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups