|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As a Hardware Engineer for TE Connectivity you will focus on the electrical design, simulation, and verification-validation testing of high-speed products in cable assemblies targeting high-speed communications and connectivity within data centers and wireless infrastructure. You will be expected to independently work on projects in the areas of hardware design and validation for a product, system design including modeling, simulation, testing, and circuit board layout. You will work collaboratively within a broader cross-functional team of mechanical, manufacturing, & operations to execute leading-edge product designs. You will be the subject matter expert for the electrical performance of a product/platform beginning with the initial analysis through prototype fabrication & evaluation, and production verification testing. You will tackle challenging design problems and utilize simulation tools to guide complex designs toward success.
- Subject matter expert in high-speed data, electronics design, simulation, and validation activities through product development cycles
- Establishing electrical design performance/functional requirements for new products
- Product development of high-speed cables assemblies from conception to manufacturing
- Component selection, schematic design, PCB Layout, and product validation testing
- Creating actionable recommendations based on design reviews and simulation results
- Making data-driven decisions about the product functionality and areas for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in a high-speed hardware engineering role
- Experience with cable/cable assembly designs (high speed twin-ax cables, direct attach copper (DAC) cables, active copper cables)
- Experience with high speed test equipment (Digital Sampling Oscilloscope, Vector Network Analyzer, Bit Error Rate Tester, TDR, Pattern Generators, Power Supplies, etc.)
- Experience with signal conditioning techniques (equalization, amplification, FIR’s, CTLE’s)
- Experience with component selection, schematic capture, printed circuit board design, fabrication and assembly.
- Electronic design and analysis tools (Altium PCB, ADS, Ansys Designer)
- A solid understanding of electromagnetic theory and electrical circuit behavior
- Strong analytical capabilities to interpret simulation and lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix the identified problems.
- Experience in project leadership, especially as it applies across design, development & manufacturing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment – able to accommodate varying time zones, fluent in English (verbal/written), able to collaborate with individuals across geographies
- Individual must be highly motivated, a quick learner, and able to work independently
- Familiarity with embedded systems and ANSI C
- Familiarity with SFF/IEEE specifications for high speed cable assemblies
- Familiarity with PAM4/8 and other higher order modulation techniques
- Familiarity with Ansys HFSS
- Six Sigma methodologies or other strong data analytics background a PLUS
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups