About the role
Following the acquisition of gene editing platform and oncology product portfolio of Applied StemCell Inc, we are now looking to expand the team as we look to become a leader in the cell engineering field.
With this in mind, we are recruiting for a Scientific Project Manager to join the team, reporting to the Director of Cell Line Platforms and Integration. This is an exciting opportunity for a scientific professional looking for a non-laboratory job to be closer to customers while remaining technical in your day to day work.
You’ll work collaboratively with our global sales teams to identify customer needs and sales opportunities, whilst also work with our operational team in leading and delivering projects to meet requirements of clients. Ultimately, you’ll be providing tools that help our customers achieve their research missions, faster.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project management of specific projects within the cell engineering team, planning, scheduling, and managing the key activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy our customer’s needs.
- Build positive, trusted and professional relationships with both our customers and our teams.
- Establishes a clear robust project plan with key go/no go criteria and works with stakeholders to provide a regular updated timeline for the project
- Lead, coordinate and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Assess risk management within project teams and ensure risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Prepare packing slip, coordinating shipping and receiving from and to clients
- Invoice and help with accounting team for invoice-related issues
- Creates a project with correct financial assignment and executes in line with financial objectives. Closely monitor timeline of projects and report serious gaps in delivery; Closely monitor profit margins and take appropriate action on low profit projects.
- Masters Degree in relevant scientific field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong knowledge in molecular biology and cell biology
- Experience with gene modification using CRISPR technology, PCR, Next Generation Sequencing, Sanger, and other gene modification validation techniques
- Experience working with cancer, iPSC and other stem cells
- 3-5 years of wet lab experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry preferred,
- Experience managing projects experience is preferred, with a relevant project management qualification being ideal, but not essential.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, cross-team environment and can-do attitude
- You will be highly organised, be comfortable working to deadlines and prioritising
- You will be able to work independently and have outstanding attention to detail
- If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.