|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Tooling Teams perform the manufacturing functions related to metal working dies and tool making. They are responsible for completing all assignments to construct, modify and condition metal working dies and may fabricate new gages, cutting or forming tools and fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. They perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solve problems relating to unusual materials, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
As a Tool and Die Maker, you are responsible for;
- Clean, sharpen, and maintain die tooling & machines to support the Stamping production area.
- Modify tooling as needed by machining to close tolerances.
- Must be able fabricate a part using a detailed print or sketch using a mill, grinder, or lathe.
- Suggests and implements machine improvements to increase machine speeds, part quality, and overall productivity of the Stamping department.
- Perform preventive maintenance and die conditioning.
- Support Stamping production by troubleshooting more complex dies (set up and production).
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Quick response to support production equipment and machines to minimize loss of production.
- Associates Degree in Machining Technology preferred; High School diploma or GED required
- Completion of State Approved Apprenticeship Program and a Journeyman’s Card strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker
- Strong team work skills
- Automotive Stamping experience preferred
The position is located at our Jonestown, PA site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups