|Job Type:||Full Time|
Strong Data Governance is a step forward for Azure as a true industry leader and its customers. Investments in Data Governance (strategy and policy) enable us to adhere to laws and regulations and responsible innovation in our products and services. Strong investments in privacy, security and compliance is a key differentiator in Azure to win critical businesses in verticals such as Government, Financial services and Health via Microsoft’s motto “built on trust”.
In this role, you will stay up-to-date with the ever evolving privacy regulatory and business landscape and define frameworks for engineering to deliver products to meet privacy requirements.
If you are looking for technical disruption and are passionate about protecting Microsoft and customers assets in the cloud, Azure Global has the right role for you! The Azure Global Privacy team is looking for a Senior Program Manager who can define the vision and the roadmap for core Azure services. This position is highly visible with significant responsibility and large scope. Come join us and make Azure the most trusted cloud platform!
- Develop policies, procedures, guidelines, and plans to internal stakeholders regarding Privacy security and risk management.
- Create robust, scalable programs to deliver policy and compliance objectives in product areas and general technical infrastructure.
- Understand the competitive landscape and provide proactive privacy guidance to feature teams to build future-proof solutions
- Propose new features and functionality to our product teams related to enterprise and end user privacy and data protection
- Design, implement, and maintain the control framework to prepare products and services for independent assessments against a wide variety of regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Partner with our engineering teams in all phases of development as a subject matter expert on feature design and user experience that focuses on privacy compliance and excellence.
- Partner with engineering, marketing, and field to deliver built-in capabilities that enable Azure Platform to be best of class in Privacy and Data Governance
- As part of this role you will also be responsible for owning and driving certain program responsibilities or initiatives that may come up or need attention
- Help educate teams and drive privacy as a mindset across engineering teams
- Define metrics to track program progress and maturity for various stakeholders.
- Influence product strategy, guiding the broader business and direction of platform with the next wave of trustworthy computing technology
- Manage key customer and partner engagements to cultivate customer success and customer-driven development
Knowledge and experiences:
- Familiarity with Azure or other cloud platform
- Experience in Privacy is a plus
- Proven experience working with legal and regulatory affairs teams translating privacy requirements and regulation into actionable engineering plans that include technical design and infrastructure considerations.
- Experience in service engineering lifecycle and live site operation at cloud scale.
- Knowledge of data governance and data security technologies, such as encryption, access control, access management, data management, threat management, incident response, risk management, privacy and compliance, preferred
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven track record delivering across organizational boundaries in a highly matrix model and sustaining strong partnerships within and outside the organization. Ability to drive decisions, bring clarity to ambiguity, influence leadership, and manage business outcomes with pace
- Strong communication skills that can tailor content and concepts based on audience (internal stakeholders and with external customers), leadership levels, and disciplines (Engineering, Finance, Business Development, Partners)
- Eagerness to learn new things in a fast-paced environment and discover emerging and new data trends.
- Great attention to detail, results-oriented, excellent leadership and problem-solving skills and demonstrated experience managing complex design and delivery of cloud services.
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- 8+ years of program management experience (security policy and risk management preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership experience working and communicating at executive levels.
- Experience developing and producing security metrics and reports that are meaningful and actionable across various audiences.
- Experience providing technical knowledge appropriate to delivery of security protections.
- Experience in technical concepts like cloud computing environments: logical access control, agile development process, secure coding principles, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.