|Job Type:||Full Time|
Bing Maps, part of Microsoft Maps and Geospatial in the Experiences + Devices Division, enables people and organizations to achieve more through the power of location. Bing Maps provides consumer-facing geospatial experiences to Microsoft customers worldwide as well as the platform that powers first and third party consumer and enterprise solutions. Our success is measured in our reach across the more than 1 billion Microsoft customers worldwide.
Location intelligence encompasses a suite of highly performant services that utilize leading edge technologies, including machine learning, to deliver high quality location information at scale, globally, which is critical to shipping compelling consumer experiences and innovative solutions using our platform.
We're looking for a Program Manager who is passionate about innovating and delivering location intelligence services that have real-world impact!
Service Product Management
- Drive the service product plan and strategy based on user insights and competitive analysis, to deliver against Maps and Geospatial-wide goals
- Develop insights/hypotheses via search query, user feedback analysis, customer pain points, query log analysis, user studies and partner team needs
- Translate insights into measurable product goals: define clear product scope, goal and top priority; distill into concrete features or actions with prioritization; think big, but build a phased and measured approach to achieve the vision
- Define/create/complement service-related metrics and measurement plans for the business, quality and components. Connect these back to user hypotheses
Service Program Management
- Manage and track key issues and risks
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration: proactively collaborate and drive requirements to partner teams; evangelize the service technology or platform to partner teams; help with their success and initiate new collaborations; find opportunities to leverage partner teams’ strengths and communicate proactively on issues and status, solve cross-team dependencies
- Write specifications
- Engage with the legal and privacy teams as needed
Service Project Management
- Plan and manage service releases; communicate with all stakeholders
- B.S. in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent technology industry experience
- 3 or more years of experience in Program Management or Product Management
- Experience developing online REST APIs and services for enterprises
- Experience with product and service telemetry systems
- Strong customer and proactive cross-team collaboration skills
- Ability to interact with peers and stakeholders to drive product and business impact
- Experience performing basic data analysis including extracting raw data, applying statistics to data, cleaning data, and other aspects of preparing data for analysis
- Experience using large data systems (e.g. SQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.